Reload this Page >

Anyone expats working in the UK living in France

Anyone expats working in the UK living in France

Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:18 am
Just Joined

rizla.riz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone expats working in the UK living in France

HI

Just want to know ppl's experience who currently work in the UK but live in France and commute weekly or monthly to the UK. I am thinking of moving to France but am currently in 2 minds. Any information would be appreciated.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 1:00 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone expats working in the UK living in France

Since no-one else has come along....

people do it all the time. I have a good friend that has been doing this for the last 10+ years. Not without it's issues though.

residency for tax purposes - French Residency - Dispelling the Myths | The Spectrum IFA Group there are many articles on this. I chose this article because I knew the author through my business network group in Toulouse. If you end up tax resident in France then it gets trickier. If the french tax authorities think you are working from home in France and not paying french taxes etc, it can quickly turn into a nightmare.

health care coverage in france - usually this is covered by payments made by you and your employer but if you aren't employed in France then you will need to arrange private insurance.

airlines not always reliable. especially in the winter from smaller airports.

cost of flights - massively variable and my friend always books as the airline releases them.

Transferring money from sterling to euros - needs careful planning.

Brexit???? time for a crystal ball.