Reload this Page >

A day in the french countryside

A day in the french countryside

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

3 dog night is on a distinguished road
Default A day in the french countryside

Hi folks,
I thought i'd give those who like the countryside a little look into a day here in dept 23 "Limousin" france,
Now we live in the countryside and our nearest village is approx 3 miles away,
It's a small village but has a supermarket, 3 ladies hair salons "mostly the blue & purple rins type of place, and a presse (news agants for those who dont read french) a butchers "the man butcher is huge with very red cheek bones and his wife is also very big, very nice couple but big", we have two bread shops one flower shop one spar and a lot of empty shops "Oh and the vet's" mus'nt forget the vets.

We also have a little hamlet village, now this is small with only three shops two of them are bars and the other a ladies hair salon "pink rins brigade go there"
and the post office and infants school, its nice seeing the little ones all in a line on their little bikes being given cycle lessons, the teachers are all spreadout with flags both infront and to the rear of these little ones while they are given lessons on how to ride,
some even have their dolls in little push chairs walking very proudly along the road, "All very french and nice to see"

Today or should i say yesterday as its gone midnight was sunday and it started off misty and that rain thats very light but soaking everything it hits in seconds,
its been cooler than of late and the sort of day its nice to have the wood burner going, the smell as i returned from the "Walkies" with our four dogs of wood burning was nice, that and the thought of a coffee was a perfect thought.

We dont have very much traffic around these parts ' if i see more than two tractors returning home for dinner and hear the bread ladies van blowing its horn in the distance to tell some old lady her breads arrived or get a honk from the post van!
" anymore than these few noisy people and im thinking of writing to our local miarie to complain that this place is getting like a motorway (m25) with all this going on

But only one thing i'd change about living in the country or should i say french countryside is that the french are hunting mad, and sunday is one day these hunters come out,

They're wearing clothing that makes them hard to tell the difference from a tree, they have not one but up to 3 guns wrapped around their body, a horn to blow, a whistle, a container of spirit and the dogs and even the dogs have bells fixed to their necks,
all this to shoot some poor little bird, im amazed they ever get near enough to shoot anything with all this blowing of horns and dogs jiggling away as they walk and bark.

Many times ive found one of these stray dogs sitting by my locked gates shaking with cold and fear as their masters have long gone home and the dogs have not made it back to the van's.

Yes if i could change one little thing its the hunting, "But being an animal lover" I'd say that anyway,

Ive looked into the eyes of these stray lost dogs and thought "you little beast"
how could you hunt these little birds etc!" and then its feed them time and if a name tags and phone number comes with these strays its hang on until your master picks you up.

Yes country life is the life for me, peace perfect peace everytime,

As ive said many times its so quiet here i swear you could hear a mouse fart,
goodnight all.