Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 7th 2017, 8:58 pm   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 11
bobj1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Custom-Build Advice

Hi Folks,
thought I'd ask whether anyone on the forum had any experience of using IGC Builders, and their experience good bad or indifferent.

Whether anyone has other suggestions of a Builder they could recommend for the Northwest Dordogne area or Southeast Charente. Typically Perigueux, Brantome, Riberac or Aubeterre, St Aulaye or Verteillac areas.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
bobj1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th 2017, 8:45 am   #2
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Allier, France
Posts: 64
graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Custom-Build Advice

There are a few conversations on Forum Construire regarding IGC. Hopefully they will help provide some insight into the company.

If you are about to build in France, bon courage! It will be a testing time but hopefully rewarding.
__________________
https://miln.eu - Mac software engineer
https://loveallier.com/

Last edited by graham.miln; Sep 8th 2017 at 10:21 am. Reason: Typo.
graham.miln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th 2017, 10:02 am   #3
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Dépt 61
Posts: 2,969
EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Custom-Build Advice

Don't know if you've checked their company records but they look a solid well established business. Last year wasn't a great year for them, profits and assets seem to have taken a bit of a dip, but still plenty of money in the bank, they don't look in any danger of vanishing overnight.
https://www.societe.com/
EuroTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:22 pm   #4
vote to get Ian back
 
petitefrancaise's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,431
petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Custom-Build Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj1973 View Post
Hi Folks,
thought I'd ask whether anyone on the forum had any experience of using IGC Builders, and their experience good bad or indifferent.

Whether anyone has other suggestions of a Builder they could recommend for the Northwest Dordogne area or Southeast Charente. Typically Perigueux, Brantome, Riberac or Aubeterre, St Aulaye or Verteillac areas.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
My aunt/uncle lived near Brantome... I suggest that you put the word out amongst the local anglophone community. It's fairly common for them to have hired builders so they'll know who is good/reliable. There's probably at least an FB page for "english speakers dordogne" or something like that.

Also, if you're using an architect, then they should be able to recommend builders for you.
petitefrancaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th 2017, 10:59 am   #5
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 11
bobj1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Custom-Build Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.miln View Post
There are a few conversations on Forum Construire regarding IGC. Hopefully they will help provide some insight into the company.

If you are about to build in France, bon courage! It will be a testing time but hopefully rewarding.
Thanks for the info. We spent sometime watching some of your LoveAllier videos last night. Your experiences with the sander reminded us of our first property we purchased 6 months before we got married. Our parents use to ask what we'd done each time we returned home after a weekends decorating, to which our usual reply was "sanding".
bobj1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th 2017, 11:04 am   #6
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 11
bobj1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Custom-Build Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrash View Post
Don't know if you've checked their company records but they look a solid well established business. Last year wasn't a great year for them, profits and assets seem to have taken a bit of a dip, but still plenty of money in the bank, they don't look in any danger of vanishing overnight.
https://www.societe.com/
Thanks for the info. Hadn't checked them in that way, but did some research on the company, including looking at their Head Office and could see they seem to be professional and well resourced. Visited their branch in Perigueux 5 weeks ago for an initial conversation and again they left a good impression. We'll be going back over shortly for further exploratory discussions and Plot finding. Have also considered SIC-Habitat and will be hopefully speaking to them on our next trip.
bobj1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th 2017, 11:06 am   #7
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 11
bobj1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Custom-Build Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitefrancaise View Post
My aunt/uncle lived near Brantome... I suggest that you put the word out amongst the local anglophone community. It's fairly common for them to have hired builders so they'll know who is good/reliable. There's probably at least an FB page for "english speakers dordogne" or something like that.

Also, if you're using an architect, then they should be able to recommend builders for you.
Thanks for the reply. Looking at some plots in the Brantome area in a couple of weeks, so will have a look at contacting the Expats in the area.
bobj1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 7:02 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com