Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

County Court In France?

County Court In France?

Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default County Court In France?

Hi

Is there a county court system ion France similar to the UK? I have a client who owes me just under £100 , is it worth claiming?
Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: County Court In France?

Originally Posted by Rotor
Hi

Is there a county court system ion France similar to the UK? I have a client who owes me just under £100 , is it worth claiming?
Go to the Huissiers, I believe as well as CPS equivalent work they deal with debts etc. As most of the main offices in town have a bailiffs sections with loads of seized goods. I don't know the procedure but I know they will bar access to someones house if need be until the debt is paid.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: County Court In France?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Go to the Huissiers, I believe as well as CPS equivalent work they deal with debts etc. As most of the main offices in town have a bailiffs sections with loads of seized goods. I don't know the procedure but I know they will bar access to someones house if need be until the debt is paid.
Hi, I suspect that the Huissier's fees wouldn't be worth the hassle to get the £100 back...
P.S. OH says it would be the Tribunal d'Instance, without necessarily the presence of an Avocat, but the procedure would be long, and you'd have to pay the Huissier's fees,.... for £100?

Last edited by dmu; Mar 29th 2012 at 1:58 pm.