Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Cooking Poitrine de Porc

Cooking Poitrine de Porc

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cooking Poitrine de Porc

S.V.P. A relatively healthy and simple recipe to cook portrine de porc?
Please be advised, I am just a cook not a chef.
Thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 6:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cooking Poitrine de Porc

Here are some choices, just click on each picture for the recipe.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Here are some choices, just click on each picture for the recipe.
Thanks Pulaski
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by audio
Thanks Pulaski
You're welcome.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:47 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

make cassoulet! Add some beans and duck legs, throw in a toulouse sausage if you have some et voila!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by audio
S.V.P. A relatively healthy and simple recipe to cook portrine de porc?
Please be advised, I am just a cook not a chef.
Thanks.
Why poitrine de porc, which is excessively fatty and not very healthy?
Use a leaner cut for all the recipes suggested! Serve it as petit salé with other types of charcuterie, with cassoulet or choucroûte, or alone with lentilles.
Enjoy!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

A treat in the Bunz household is a slow roast poitrine avec couene.

I had to train my butcher to give me a piece of belly pork with the skin left on.
I then use a craft knife to score the skin into fine strips, rub it all over with salt and a little olive oil. This goes in a roasting tin with a glass or two of white wine or water. Then into the oven at 120C for about 4 hours.

You can then either take it out and stick in frigo overnight or take it out and turn the oven hear right up to 220C. (you do the same next day if that is preferred) Cook for 30-40 minutes until the crackling is as crisp as can be.. After resting for 10 or so minutes remove the crackling and cut into pieces and carve the meat, which will have given up most of it's fat, into chunks,

I serve this with braised red cabbage and home made plum chutney. It is a favourite with both French and Danish friends.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
make cassoulet! Add some beans and duck legs, throw in a toulouse sausage if you have some et voila!
Thanks PF, with duck legs and sausage . That must be Texas cholesterol special. Might try it in the winter though.

Originally Posted by dmu
Why poitrine de porc, which is excessively fatty and not very healthy?
Use a leaner cut for all the recipes suggested! Serve it as petit salé with other types of charcuterie, with cassoulet or choucroûte, or alone with lentilles.
Enjoy!
Thanks DMU. All the usual pork cuts around here are pretty tasteless, even the local farm shop buys his pork from the same sauce as the supermarket I think . So, I thought I would try something different.

Originally Posted by grannybunz
A treat in the Bunz household is a slow roast poitrine avec couene.

I had to train my butcher to give me a piece of belly pork with the skin left on.
I then use a craft knife to score the skin into fine strips, rub it all over with salt and a little olive oil. This goes in a roasting tin with a glass or two of white wine or water. Then into the oven at 120C for about 4 hours.

You can then either take it out and stick in frigo overnight or take it out and turn the oven hear right up to 220C. (you do the same next day if that is preferred) Cook for 30-40 minutes until the crackling is as crisp as can be.. After resting for 10 or so minutes remove the crackling and cut into pieces and carve the meat, which will have given up most of it's fat, into chunks,

I serve this with braised red cabbage and home made plum chutney. It is a favourite with both French and Danish friends.
grannybunz. Just what I’m looking for, that sounds great.
Thanks very much.