Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

comparing prices UK/France

comparing prices UK/France

Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of
Default comparing prices UK/France

There are often claims that stuff bought in the UK is cheaper than over here, which is no doubt often the case. However, I've just bought a television set "Panasonic - TX-P50GT30E - TV Plasma 50" (127 cm) - 3D - Viera Connect - HD TV 1080p - 600 Hz - 4 HDMI - USB" from Amazon.fr. It cost 844 euros. The same one from Amazon.uk would have set me back £975, which is a considerable amount more and there's no hassle involved.
Whether or not I made the right choice is another matter, although since Ka Ora reckons plasma screens also double up as electric fires, it'll also heat the whole house.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

cuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nice
Default Re: comparing prices UK/France

I think with internet shopping there is no hard and fast rule of which is cheaper, firstly I tend to look in the electrical shops in switzerland, I then do a tour of amazon uk, de and fr and then maybe things like maismoinscher and darty etc. and I've found alot of things over the last couple of years have been cheaper on german amazon, but as arule I end up usually getting them from french amazon, as I've paid for the premium service, with no delivery fee it usually ends up being the cheapest.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to compare and check all sites whether they are french or English: Often the English sites are cheaper: I have just bought a chicken house and run from the uk for about half the price of france; however I agree that it is not a hard and fast rule.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

adele222 is an unknown quantity at this point

everything expensive in france especially if a woman,my shipper man.loaded though thought ahead.....