Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carte de residence (sejour)

Carte de residence (sejour)

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carte de residence (sejour)

I presume this is the same ? Some websites call this sejour and some residence?
Has anyone who has been here more than 5 years applied for one and what was the process please?
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 6:14 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carte de residence (sejour)

Originally Posted by bobbi2
I presume this is the same ? Some websites call this sejour and some residence?
Has anyone who has been here more than 5 years applied for one and what was the process please?
Hi, when I arrived in France, I had a Carte de Séjour, as the UK wasn't in the Common Market yet, it was no big deal at the time. But I thank my lucky stars that I won't need one now if Brexit requires one.
This official French link tells all:

https://www.service-public.fr/partic...sdroits/F15914
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Bobbi2,
You seem to be panicking over things that at this time you do not know whether they will happen or not.
At this time, you do not need a carte de sejour and I suspect that the prefecture will tell you to go away.
As with dmu, my DD applied for the card during her year of study in France - no problem.
If you require a carte de sejour when you qualify - i.e. when you are no longer an EU citizen then it will be in France's interests to issue with one.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Bobbi2,
You seem to be panicking over things that at this time you do not know whether they will happen or not.
At this time, you do not need a carte de sejour and I suspect that the prefecture will tell you to go away.
As with dmu, my DD applied for the card during her year of study in France - no problem.
If you require a carte de sejour when you qualify - i.e. when you are no longer an EU citizen then it will be in France's interests to issue with one.
Not panicking Cyrian but when our future comes into question over Brexit and it possibly affect us financially too I think it is normal. I don't think this is panicking, I think it is being cautious and sensible!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of Brits down the road renewed their C de S at the prefecture.
Quite a time consuming paperwork exercise they told me.
So, it's possible but as mentioned not needed yet.

Personally, I’m going to wait.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by audio
A couple of Brits down the road renewed their C de S at the prefecture.
Quite a time consuming paperwork exercise they told me.
So, it's possible but as mentioned not needed yet.

Personally, I’m going to wait.
Thanks Audio....probably will too but can only imagine what chaos it will be in two years if this becomes compulsory! Deep joy, yet more france bureaucracy and paperwork.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Deep joy, yet more france bureaucracy and paperwork.
Of course there is a way to avoid all this france bureaucracy and paperwork malarky... and you would also be able to buy sliced bread for proppa sanwidges...
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:50 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Audio....probably will too but can only imagine what chaos it will be in two years if this becomes compulsory! Deep joy, yet more france bureaucracy and paperwork.

If you intend to retire to a second home and live there to the end of your days, without any thoughts of returning to the UK, why not start the Carte de Séjour procedure before the expected chaos in two years' time, for your peace of mind? You can't sit there and worry for two years....The Bureaucracy won't change for the better between now and then, but there'll be fewer queues at the Préfecture if you apply now.
And if, by chance, British expats won't need a CdS, you can always use yours as ID.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Of course there is a way to avoid all this france bureaucracy and paperwork malarky... and you would also be able to buy sliced bread for proppa sanwidges...
Ouch! My local boulanger has all the mod cons including a bread loaf slicer
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by audio
Ouch! My local boulanger has all the mod cons including a bread loaf slicer
Yes, mine's started doing that too - nothing against sliced bread per se but I was being a bit naughty there cos this thread popped into my head http://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/bread-877523/
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

We are just making our first RDV for a carte de sejour. The stages seem to be a RDV with the prefecture, medical with xray and carte. I thought language tests came into it? No mention on the link they sent us of this?
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

We are just making our first RDV for a carte de sejour. The stages seem to be a RDV with the prefecture, medical with xray and carte. I thought language tests came into it? No mention on the link they sent us of this?

I don’t think there is one, however take your dictionnaire along with your remorque full of paperwork .
Old Mar 14th 2017, 11:23 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

According to
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...osdroits/F2213
the language test is when you apply for naturalisation and it isn't a test as such, but an assessment during an interview.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you! I am trying to find the carte de sejour permanent formulaire online. I have found the webpage, thanks DMU but not sure what I am downloading is correct. We have made our RDV for May, which seems ages away and will get the paperwork together but presuming we need to take a formulaire with us? If there is such a long wait for RDVs I don't want the hastle of forgetting a document and having to wait weeks for a second RDV (if that is necessary once the process is underway)?
Old Mar 14th 2017, 9:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you! I am trying to find the carte de sejour permanent formulaire online. I have found the webpage, thanks DMU but not sure what I am downloading is correct. We have made our RDV for May, which seems ages away and will get the paperwork together but presuming we need to take a formulaire with us? If there is such a long wait for RDVs I don't want the hastle of forgetting a document and having to wait weeks for a second RDV (if that is necessary once the process is underway)?
There doesn't seem to be a Cerfa form to download on the first Service-Public site, but if you click on "Demande de carte", then enter your Code Postal, details of your Préfecture will come up, and, under "en-ligne", there should be a link to the Préfecture's site, a mail address and a telephone number. Unless you're not far from your Préfecture to go in person and collect the Form, and you could ask on the spot exactly what documents are required.