Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if move

can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if move

Old Feb 20th 2017, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

baguette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if

Thank you dmu
Yes, they both sounded in a panic.
We will find out tomorrow I suppose.

Thank you again
This forum has been a kind of saviour: i am
so stressed have not been able to eat, sleep etc, have constant pain in stomach from the sheer anxiety of the situation but this little haven of brit expats offering moral support and great advice really has been a great solace.

thanks so much
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if

So my landlady turned up last night with her husband and son.
At first she was angry - she has her own life, all this is not her problem , she is busy etc.
So I simply explained that this was our last chance, that if we don't succeed we would have to leave France.
She was very shocked and so I explained everything again. They all looked very worried and
had a meeting in chinese and the husband and son said they would do all they can to help us. She said she had no idea it was so serious. I asked for the quittance de loyer but it was just a simple word document , and she hadn't followed the model i sent that dmu kindly shared. She brought a contract which we filled in and signed. She also asked her son to take an aftwrnoon off work and come with us to the prefecture this afternoon and explain everything about how the rent is inclusive. He is going to bring the original electricity bill in her name.
It was a relief that they came to be honest , i didnt think they would and at least we now have the contract and a printed out qittance de loyer albeit simple version.
I don't have much confidence but we are going to the prefecture this afternoon with her son to give it a try.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:32 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baguette
So my landlady turned up last night with her husband and son.
At first she was angry - she has her own life, all this is not her problem , she is busy etc.
So I simply explained that this was our last chance, that if we don't succeed we would have to leave France.
She was very shocked and so I explained everything again. They all looked very worried and
had a meeting in chinese and the husband and son said they would do all they can to help us. She said she had no idea it was so serious. I asked for the quittance de loyer but it was just a simple word document , and she hadn't followed the model i sent that dmu kindly shared. She brought a contract which we filled in and signed. She also asked her son to take an aftwrnoon off work and come with us to the prefecture this afternoon and explain everything about how the rent is inclusive. He is going to bring the original electricity bill in her name.
It was a relief that they came to be honest , i didnt think they would and at least we now have the contract and a printed out qittance de loyer albeit simple version.
I don't have much confidence but we are going to the prefecture this afternoon with her son to give it a try.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

It won't do though will it. She chose to make being a landlady part of her life. If she hasn't got time to do what is involved then she shouldn't be doing it and she had better find a different way of earning money where she doesn't provide half a service and inconvenience people.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:45 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
It won't do though will it. She chose to make being a landlady part of her life. If she hasn't got time to do what is involved then she shouldn't be doing it and she had better find a different way of earning money where she doesn't provide half a service and inconvenience people.
In fact, once Baguette's OH has got his Carte and is earning, IMO they should move ASAP to a place with proper rent receipts and utility contracts in their names.
Fingers still crossed for this afternoon....
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you are right in what you say Eurotrash.
Well, we visited the prefecture today with the landlady's son and i have to say he was incredible, there is no way we could have done it within him.
At first, the lady looked at our documents, shook her head at the quittance de loyer but then asked where my social security document and house insurance document was. Now neither of these items were on the list! so immediately i startwd to panic but the son calmly explained that the social security hasbeen applied for but it takes a long time to come. and yea we did have houss insurance .She seemed to accept that and said all our documents looked fine, she would pass us onto her colleague so we sat back down and waited to be called. This time the new clerk never even asked anything about social securiry, accoepted the quittance de loyer without a second thought but was not happy thwre was no bill in my name ( as feared) . he explained we were paying rent inclusive of all bills and he brought the original billnof the landlady and her carte se sejour copy. She was satisfied with this! said all documents were fine, just we needed an "attrstation d'herbgement" signed by the landlady for my husband. Now i had asked her for this before and she wouldn't give it, only one for me which they wouldn't accept.
The son said we would be back tomorrow morning and evengot her to agree that she would see us becaue she knew all about our file - as soon as you get your ticket come and see me she said and give me the one missing document and everything will be fine to give you a rendez vous.
There is no way i could have done it without him,
I could not have got that far with my French. He was patient and explained everything clearly to them . It seems that they are trying to catch you out, i don't know if i am just being paranoid, but like the business with the social security document.
Anyway, it was pretty much successful!
I feel a lot lighter already.
... though i cant relax too much until we actuallt get the rendez vous!
(and all this just to get a rendez vous!)
Tonight I will finally be able to eat a proper meal for the first time in a week.
I will update you tomorrow
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Good so far, well done for keeping your cool.
for the continuation.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 5:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Good so far, well done for keeping your cool.
for the continuation.
+1
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

+2
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,
The clerk at the prefecture was there this morning and as promised saw us straightaway.
We gave the attestation and she checked everything one more time and then gave us the rendez vous! So that was a big relief.
However when we looked at the date
the 6 October!
and no recipisee will be issued until the 6 october.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 6:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hello everyone,
The clerk at the prefecture was there this morning and as promised saw us straightaway.
We gave the attestation and she checked everything one more time and then gave us the rendez vous! So that was a big relief.
However when we looked at the date
the 6 October!
and no recipisee will be issued until the 6 october.

6th October???? Purééééééééé....
Your OH can't work, then? Which means you can't consider moving, unless your salary is 3-4 times the rent for another appart.
So sorry to hear this. Let us know how you get on betwenn now and then....
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
6th October???? Purééééééééé....
Your OH can't work, then? Which means you can't consider moving, unless your salary is 3-4 times the rent for another appart.
So sorry to hear this. Let us know how you get on betwenn now and then....
DMU, bon appetit.
Spoiler:
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:36 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
This is a polite version of the word starting with "pu" meaning a lady of the streets! I should have said "zut", to be even more polite!
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

yes exactly