Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if move

can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if move

Old Feb 17th 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

baguette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if

Oh yes .. good point. I took it to mean translated into an official document? rather than actually translated into another language?
Old Feb 17th 2017, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: can applications for carte de sejour be transferred to a different prefecture if

my mistake, I should have said where can I get an official rent reveipt issued?
Old Feb 17th 2017, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baguette
my mistake, I should have said where can I get an official rent reveipt issued?
If you ask your landlady for a receipt, by law she has to issue it. Not sure whether you can insist on it retrospectively though. Do you have another rent payment to make between now and your interview?

https://www.service-public.fr/partic...osdroits/F2066
I presume you are in meublé? If so:
Depuis le 27 mars 2014, la remise gratuite d'une quittance de loyer peut être exigée par le locataire dès lors qu'il a réglé son loyer.

And as said, there are certain legal mentions that must appear on the quittance, but your landlady should know this.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for that. My landlady is very disorganised and hasn't givenme a receipt for the past few months despite my continual asking, in fact I have only received one off her and it is more like a handwritten note on a scrap of paper. I have asked again today so I hope ahe brings it. She still hasn't given me the contract either .

What did the bit about the "une personne morale, un gérant, un sundic ou in notaire" mean?

Did it mean I can take the handwritten note to a notaty for example and get them to transfer it into an official document?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

The last rent i paid was on the 15 of this month.
And yes we are living in a meuble, furnished flat.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that. My landlady is very disorganised and hasn't givenme a receipt for the past few months despite my continual asking, in fact I have only received one off her and it is more like a handwritten note on a scrap of paper. I have asked again today so I hope ahe brings it. She still hasn't given me the contract either .

What did the bit about the "une personne morale, un gérant, un sundic ou in notaire" mean?

Did it mean I can take the handwritten note to a notaty for example and get them to transfer it into an official document?
I'm wondering whether your landlady is legit You should have kept one of the originals of the Lease when you both signed it, and she should be giving you PRINTED rental receipts (I think I read somewhere that handwritten chits aren't acceptable, after all, any one can write out a receipt on a scrap of paper). She must give you your copy of the lease and proper printed rental receipts for the last 3 months so that you can comply with the Préfecture's requirements.
The "personne morale, etc...." bit means a company (as opposed to a physical person), or the Manager of the appartment block to whom you pay rent rather than directly to the landlord. I imagine the Notaire would be dealing with a Succession if the landlord dies.... No one will transfer a handwritten rent receipt into an official document, the landlady must provide the documents in due form....
Old Feb 18th 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you dmu.
I am also worried about this now.
I will speak to her about this today.
� ����
Old Feb 18th 2017, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As DMU says.
Hopefully you spoke to her and got a result. If she's French she will know perfectly well how important rent receipts are for tenants - they need them for all kinds of reasons, eg (mainly) to claim benefits from CAF. Unfortunately if you moved in without signing a contract it looks as if it is below the radar, and if so, that's going to be a problem for you. How did you find the flat, does she have other properties or just the one, is the rent below the market rate?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

She is a Chinese landlady, it was advertised through my company. I signed a contract but she whisked it away and I repeatedly asked for it though it has not come back.
She does have other properties and seems well-meaning but disorganised. I spoke to her today and explained I needed the contract and the printed receipts and she was a bit abrupt saying she had never been asked before for printed receipts and didn't understand why etc etc
However she said she would try and get it done.
Is there a template or any guidance on what to include in the printed receipt? knowing her it will just be a word document.
tia
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

She is a Chinese landlady, it was advertised through my company. I signed a contract but she whisked it away and I repeatedly asked for it though it has not come back.
She does have other properties and seems well-meaning but disorganised. I spoke to her today and explained I needed the contract and the printed receipts and she was a bit abrupt saying she had never been asked before for printed receipts and didn't understand why etc etc
However she said she would try and get it done.
Is there a template or any guidance on what to include in the printed receipt? knowing her it will just be a word document.
tia
Here's one result of a google search for "modèle de quittance de loyer".
https://www.immobilierloyer.com/quittancedeloyer.php

Being Chinese, your landlady should understand more than any one else - hasn't she been through the procedure herself?
If she continues to refuse, you could bring the matter before your company if she advertizes through them....
Old Feb 19th 2017, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is unacceptable. She may be Chinese but I have no patience with people who understand French law sufficiently to take your money and make sure they get their dues, but suddenly don't understand sufficiently when it comes to fulfilling their own obligations. "Try and get it done" and making it sound like a favour isn't good enough when it comes to something that she is required to do by law. Article 21 de la loi no 89-462 du 6 juillet 1989 modifié par la loi Alur no 2014-366 du 24 mars 2014:
"le bailleur ou son mandataire est tenu de transmettre gratuitement une quittance au locataire qui en fait la demande. La quittance porte le détail des sommes versées par le locataire en distinguant le loyer et les charges. Aucuns frais liés � la gestion de l’avis d’échéance ou de la quittance ne peuvent être facturés au locataire." It's a legal obligation, and the reason it's a legal obligation is because French law is designed such that there are numerous situations where tenants are going to be asked to produce their quittance de loyer to the authorities, just as you do, and therefore the law obliges landlords to provide this document to ensure that the system works. So if your landlady wants to understand why, you can tell her, though why she thinks the law needs to justify itself to her I really don't know.

There is a letter on the next link that you can use to request the quittance, you may have to adapt it because you can't wait until the next payment is due, but it does point her to the relevant law:
Vous demandez une quittance de loyer � votre propriétaire | Institut national de la consommation
Old Feb 19th 2017, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As a last resort, landlords can be taken to court for not issuing a receipt when requested, obviously you don't really have time for this, but if the fact of not having a receipt resulted in you paying an increased penalty for the delay in your application then in theory your landlady would have to make good the damages.

Although at the end of the day, it's always best to try and stay on good tems with your bailleur otherwise they can make life difficult.

Refus de délivrance de quittances de loyer
Comment exiger du propriétaire la remise d'une quittance de loyer ? - Aide juridique locataire gratuite
etc
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:13 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

@Baguette

Do you pay your rent in cash or by cheque?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

dmu and Eurotrash I can't thank you enough.

You are quite right, she is very eager to get the rent everymonth (which we are always on time with) but not so keen on fulfilling her obligations.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. When it comes to searching for legal laws etc in French I am completely lost, my French does not extend that far.

It has really been an awful past few days but there is a gleam of hope here.
I will send her this information today and keep you posted.

In the meantime, I need to think of an emergency plan in case she refuses to comply.
I was thinking in this case , we could attend the march rendez vous at the first prefecture ( from when we were staying with my brother in law) take all the documents minus the ones my brother-in-law does not want to give,, (the last time we had everything except a copy of the japanese family register, but this time we will have everything except my brother-in-law's bill which is out of date now) they will send us away again but at least we will get another appointment for 3 months later and then that will give us enough time to give notice on our appartment , quit my job and then we can leave france legally. If my husband leaves france within the "convocation /rendezvoustime", then from what i understand he would not have "overstayed " ? Can anyone confirm this?

My brother-in -law keeps saying my husband is an illegal immigrant here because he has been here for over 3 months and still does not have a residence card. But from what I understand from my research and advice from othwrs is that we registered our arrival, followed all the procedures at the prefecture and we have the rendezvous and his dossier has been submitted at the first prefecture , it is legal because his application is in progress?

Any thoughts?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

dmu -She gets me to pay 450 by cheque and 170 by cash.
The reason she says is because we are a couple and normally she just lets out rooms to single people. So as the bills are inclusive she added on the extra 170 for my husband.

The more I think about everything, the mor dubious things look, the more miserable i feel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.