Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Old May 3rd 2017, 8:49 am
Just Joined

AliceLaRochelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Originally Posted by brittfranc
Hello!
I wonder if you are still looking for other English speaking mums? I am! I'm Canadian and I've been living in La Rochelle for a few years. I am a stay at home mum with an almost 2 year old and could really use some English speaking friends
I hope to hear from you!

Britt
Hello,
I know this post is old but I was hoping to find out if there are still any English speaking mums out there interested in getting together?
I'm English, I live in La Rochelle and have a 1 year old. I understand a lot of French but don't speak it very well. I would love to spend some time with other English speaking families.
Thanks,
Alice
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:02 am
Account Closed

NL17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AliceLaRochelle
Hello,
I know this post is old but I was hoping to find out if there are still any English speaking mums out there interested in getting together?
I'm English, I live in La Rochelle and have a 1 year old. I understand a lot of French but don't speak it very well. I would love to spend some time with other English speaking families.
Thanks,
Alice
There are lots of us that you can meet up with. Unfortunately, I am discovering that this forum is extremely difficult to arrange to meet with people or help make contact. We are not allowed to mention other sites where you can make contact with other people in the same situation. We can not pm each other unless you have posted 3 times either. I suggest that you post a couple of replies and then pm me, as you don't want to put your contact details up for everyone to see.
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sarahshort321
Hi, I am moving to La Rochelle May. I am childfree but a nanny. I would love to meet new people there as my french is poor. if you would like to meet let me know?
Hi, you need to post 3 times to be able to pm me. If you do that then I can also point you in the direction of meeting other English speakers.
Old May 3rd 2017, 2:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NL17
There are lots of us that you can meet up with. Unfortunately, I am discovering that this forum is extremely difficult to arrange to meet with people or help make contact. We are not allowed to mention other sites where you can make contact with other people in the same situation. We can not pm each other unless you have posted 3 times either. I suggest that you post a couple of replies and then pm me, as you don't want to put your contact details up for everyone to see.
Hi, you need to post 3 times to be able to pm me. If you do that then I can also point you in the direction of meeting other English speakers.
In order to make sure that people are aware of the rule that you refer to I will copy it here:

9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service/Facebook group etc

Please note the specific sentence in red.

Rosemary
Old May 3rd 2017, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rosemary
In order to make sure that people are aware of the rule that you refer to I will copy it here:

9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service/Facebook group etc

Please note the specific sentence in red.

Rosemary
Thanks for the quotes Rosemary it was very helpful I'm sure. However I didn't question it, but merely stated how it was difficult to do anything other than post public messages.
Old May 3rd 2017, 3:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quotes Rosemary it was very helpful I'm sure. However I didn't question it, but merely stated how it was difficult to do anything other than post public messages.
The limit on PM's is simply an anti-spam measure and so that only genuine forum members can access the PM system. But you can contact the poster in question quite easily by simply clicking on their username and selecting the 'send email' option instead.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

asm6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I'm not sure if this page / subject / group is still active...? If so, let me know and I'll do my three posts so that PMs can happen and I can find out more about hanging out and meeting up. I'm American, live just outside La Rochelle, my son's 8 months old. Thanks! ~ Amanda ~
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asm6
Hi - I'm not sure if this page / subject / group is still active...? If so, let me know and I'll do my three posts so that PMs can happen and I can find out more about hanging out and meeting up. I'm American, live just outside La Rochelle, my son's 8 months old. Thanks! ~ Amanda ~
Hi, yes it's still active. If you PM me we can try to meet or I can point you in the direction of other local mums!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Reading through this thread it proves that BE is being used purely as a contact point for another group. Rules are continually being broken and the members do not appear to take part in the forum. BE is not here as a go between.

Thread closed.

Rosemary