Reload this Page >

Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Old May 21st 2016, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

NL17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Hi,

I moved to La Rochelle about a year ago with my husband and 2 girls, I do speak French as have been in France for 12 years and do have French friends. However, since moving to La Rochelle my friends are further away and I have struggled to find any English speaking groups.

So I have decided to try and set one up myself, so any English speaking mums/ ladies who are interested in getting together let me know. I would like to start with a coffee morning and take it from there.
Old May 23rd 2016, 2:13 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Hi and welcome to the French forum!

I'm not sure there are many BE members in the La Rochelle area. A good tactic might be for you to put up notices in your local supermarkets and try to find people that way.

Good luck, anyway!
Old May 26th 2016, 9:41 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I did that some years ago in La Flèche where my son was born. We did it as a bi-monthly group, for bi-lingual families. We stuck notices in various supermarkets and libraries. We would generally meet in either Le Mans or Angers in one of the soft play centers and have lunch, or in good weather, in the park with a picnic. We had a network of probably 50 families eventually, all with bi-lingual kids. It was great fun....I wish you every success, very best of luck
Old May 26th 2016, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Hi and welcome to the French forum!

I'm not sure there are many BE members in the La Rochelle area. A good tactic might be for you to put up notices in your local supermarkets and try to find people that way.

Good luck, anyway!
+1
Plus use social media like Facebook to attract attention.
On Facebook, search for "expat in la rochelle" (bit out-of-date) or similar for results.
Good luck
Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Cathryn61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NL17
Hi,

I moved to La Rochelle about a year ago with my husband and 2 girls, I do speak French as have been in France for 12 years and do have French friends. However, since moving to La Rochelle my friends are further away and I have struggled to find any English speaking groups.

So I have decided to try and set one up myself, so any English speaking mums/ ladies who are interested in getting together let me know. I would like to start with a coffee morning and take it from there.
Hi,
I live between the UK and close to La Rochelle. I do not have children and unfortunately not yet had the time to learn French. Too busy but I will...
I would love to meet people in the area.
Maybe we could meet for a coffee?
Cathryn
Old Aug 25th 2016, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cathryn61
Hi,
I live between the UK and close to La Rochelle. I do not have children and unfortunately not yet had the time to learn French. Too busy but I will...
I would love to meet people in the area.
Maybe we could meet for a coffee?
Cathryn
Hi, sorry have not been on the site over the summer. Thanks for your reply, if you are still around pm me and we can arrange to meet.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Piminie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Look for Mums Space France on facebook. It is exactly what it says it is. It is incredibly supportive & you would be surprised at how many are around your neck of the woods. They are having a 'summer market' next month so would be great timing for you to meet a few of us.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Cathryn61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi NL17,

Sorry I could not reply sooner. I have been a bit busy and had forgotten my log in details

What area do you actually live in. Central La Rochelle or outskirts?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Hi,

I am between the centre and ile de re. If you want to meet up PM and we can try and get something together.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 11:56 am
Just Joined

brittfranc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
I wonder if you are still looking for other English speaking mums? I am! I'm Canadian and I've been living in La Rochelle for a few years. I am a stay at home mum with an almost 2 year old and could really use some English speaking friends
I hope to hear from you!

Britt

Hi,

Old Nov 16th 2016, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brittfranc
Hello!
I wonder if you are still looking for other English speaking mums? I am! I'm Canadian and I've been living in La Rochelle for a few years. I am a stay at home mum with an almost 2 year old and could really use some English speaking friends
I hope to hear from you!

Britt
Hi,

Yeah sure would love to meet. Will try to PM you.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

JessicaJohnston is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm an Australian with a 1.5year old son, Theo.
I've just arrived in La Rochelle 2 weeks ago and here with my husband (who's working here) for 8 weeks. Would love to meet for a coffee or play date if anyone is around. I'm staying near La Poste.
Jess
Old Apr 1st 2017, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JessicaJohnston
Hi,
I'm an Australian with a 1.5year old son, Theo.
I've just arrived in La Rochelle 2 weeks ago and here with my husband (who's working here) for 8 weeks. Would love to meet for a coffee or play date if anyone is around. I'm staying near La Poste.
Jess
Sent you a pm
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sent you a pm
No you haven't. The poster needs 3 posts before receiving PMs. Site rules.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Sarahshort321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi, I am moving to La Rochelle May. I am childfree but a nanny. I would love to meet new people there as my french is poor. if you would like to meet let me know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.