Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Ca suffis. Getting out of co-ownnership?

Ca suffis. Getting out of co-ownnership?

Old Oct 29th 2017, 11:53 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ca suffis. Getting out of co-ownnership?

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Great stuff!
Remind us - this isn't your only house in France is it? You won't be leaving us will you ?
No it's not our only house (thanks for the thought though). We own a now-nearly-fully renovated home about 20 kms from the t'other one.

You're not getting rid of me that easily.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Update: We're back today in the UK and have agreed with our closest relatives not to make any moves until after a family wedding scheduled for May. Il faut évviter les confictes pour le moment.

We have our valuation from our notaire in hand and don't have problem with it, although it's quite low.

Watch this space.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 9:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Will do and likely wise to postpone until after this wedding.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:08 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by BEVS
Will do and likely wise to postpone until after this wedding.
BEVS and other friends I'm glad that this thread is still open, because I have a story to tell which you will all simply not believe possible. It'll be long and complicated and I have things to do now but continue to watch this space for a few more hours and you'll discover how dysfunctional my wife's French family really is. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:42 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
BEVS and other friends I'm glad that this thread is still open, because I have a story to tell which you will all simply not believe possible. It'll be long and complicated and I have things to do now but continue to watch this space for a few more hours and you'll discover how dysfunctional my wife's French family really is. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!
Oh dear, this bodes ill ....
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dumbness is everywhere - even in La Belle France. Ask Inspector Maigret.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 5:02 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dmu
Oh dear, this bodes ill ....
Not necessarily. But I'm about to have dinner and then there's a film we want to watch. Have patience..... (Hehehe).
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:39 pm
Born again atheist

Not necessarily. But I'm about to have dinner and then there's a film we want to watch. Have patience..... (Hehehe).
Ok. We enjoyed the film and OH has gone to bed so I can continue.

The wedding from our point of view went off smoothly (minus points a vegan menu but positive points an unlimited supply of decent wine). The whole business was marred by having been organised by the British family of the bride who was marrying the only son of our favourite french cousine ( we'll call her SLG). , so the silly business stretched over a whole weekend.
The location was close enough to our house that we decided not to spend a night in a hotel but to drive home and hen drive back for the "breakfast" the next morning
I've mentioned earlier that the original indivision was between 3 sisters . We'll call them MLG, OC and BP in order of birth. OC died first and had had two kids CC (son) and MD (married name).

The whole issue really started when CC conned MD into paying a ludicrous amount to buy out his share in about\t 2005.

BP, my MIL died next having had 2 kids, one of whom is my wife. The last to choke was MLG who outlived both her husband and one of her 3 kids, Fw FLG had 3 kids Thus they, JLG, MLG and SLG, inherited 1/27th of the indivision.

Now, back to the wedding. We were a bit surprised that when we went back to he breakfast most of the French family didn't show up, but no biggie at the time.

Now fast forward a month or so to when our sons (currently in Berlin and Regina) came to visit us here again. We thought it might be nice for them to have a party at our place with their £G cousins, s we invited them all to visit for dinner.

Total silence from the the lot. But next mooring we got a call from CC (above) and minutes later from MD (the PROBLEM) telling us that after we left on the night of the wedding all Hell had broken loose when it had been discovered that SLG had been caught screwing the boyfriend of AC (daughter of CC) in the woods around the venue. As a result the C, D and LG families are at war with each other. God knows why but their a bit funny.

Anyway, to get back nearer topic, none of them seem so want to go anywhere near each other ever again (right!!, we'll see) but the other two groups can't be dealing with each other anymore and seem poised to buy us out, either have 50/50 between family LD and family D or more likely to stuff family D with the whole f***imh problem that they've precipitated.

Sorrry for the long, perhaps innocent post. but there we are,
Old Jul 6th 2018, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame you went home early and missed all the fun You would have needed ear protection of course, but I'm imagining handbags at dawn, hair being pulled and fingernails being dragged down cheeks, would have been entertaining to watch.
Divide and rule, it works every time/ Get the papers signed fast before they all start cosying up again.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Novo - you lost me with the relations after the 3rd paragraph.
However, I did have the distinct impression that it is a total sc**wup.
More wine is required.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 1:43 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
What a shame you went home early and missed all the fun You would have needed ear protection of course, but I'm imagining handbags at dawn, hair being pulled and fingernails being dragged down cheeks, would have been entertaining to watch.
Divide and rule, it works every time/ Get the papers signed fast before they all start cosying up again.
We're meeting with SLG (senior) tomorrow. She met with the rest of the LG family this week. Keep watching this space.

( I agree it was a shame to miss the handbags).
Old Jul 6th 2018, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Novo,
Your tale sounds like it could make an interesting additional episode of 'Plus Belle La Vie' or a remake of 'Le Peyton Place'.
By the way I'm sure many noticed (but were either too polite or embarrassed) to mention that a small error crept into your title, which should read ca suffit (or ça suffit) with the cedilla.
Incidently that latter name always makes me think of Anyone Who Had a Heart, and You're My World.......
Old Jul 6th 2018, 4:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Novo,
Your tale sounds like it could make an interesting additional episode of 'Plus Belle La Vie' or a remake of 'Le Peyton Place'.
By the way I'm sure many noticed (but were either too polite or embarrassed) to mention that a small error crept into your title, which should read ca suffit (or ça suffit) with the cedilla.
Incidently that latter name always makes me think of Anyone ho Had a Heart, and You're My World.......
As an addict of pblv, I thought so, too!
I was too polite to mention!
I've never thought of Cedilla Black - not bad!
Old Jul 7th 2018, 11:52 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Novo,
Incidently that latter name always makes me think of Anyone Who Had a Heart, and You're My World.......
Thank you for your help on c-cedilla: Do you know where it is on a Canadian macbook pro keyboard?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ca suffis. Getting out of co-ownnership?

Thank you for your help on c-cedilla: Do you know where it is on a Canadian macbook pro keyboard?
Yep. It's Alt c
At least it is on my QWERTY American Mac keyboard, and I shouldn't think the Canadian one is any different. Fwiw, editing a home video yesterday in iMovie, I was looking for the copyright © symbol, and eventually found it using Alt g

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jul 7th 2018 at 3:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.