Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Bureaucracy ptsd!

Bureaucracy ptsd!

Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

jsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bureaucracy ptsd!

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
It's almost 4 years since I left France and I still get slightly panicked

Any treatments available for this type of ptsd???
Please don't confuse "slight panic" with post traumatic stress disorder.

I know two people who suffer from this - one was in the Gulf war as a medic, the other was held hostage, doused in petrol, by a convicted murderer. Their lives have been shattered by the effects of PTSD and many years of counselling are necessary in order to free them from their terrors.

I hope you find a solution to your problem.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to trying to pay my fonciere tax with a cheque at the tax office for it to be refused as it will be taken as a direct debit from my bank account which has not existed for 5 years. I usually get it accepted eventually and later get the usual letter that my bank has refused the direct debit and that I still owe the money.
Topside is that for three of the five years I get a refund cheque because my tax is paid by direct debit.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsbach
Please don't confuse "slight panic" with post traumatic stress disorder.

I know two people who suffer from this - one was in the Gulf war as a medic, the other was held hostage, doused in petrol, by a convicted murderer. Their lives have been shattered by the effects of PTSD and many years of counselling are necessary in order to free them from their terrors.

I hope you find a solution to your problem.
Good point. I've known three people with real PTSD. One was a Vietnam vet in California who'd had a less than ideal experience implementing the rather silly Domino Theory, another was an English teacher in my grammar school back in the 1960's but in those days, the condition was referred to as shell-shock.

The third was the husband of a BE poster, both real life friends of mine, living in Canada, who was in the engine room of a Royal Navy ship operating in the Falklands tomfoolery in 1982. The room was penetrated by an Exocet missile.

I suppose all this fades into insignificance when compared to borrowing underwear.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jul 14th 2017 at 8:22 pm.