Builder needed

Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:21 am
Just Joined

motortyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builder needed

Hi,
we have a plot of land in Treignac and would like recomendations for a good bulider.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:23 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Builder needed

Originally Posted by motortyke
Hi,
we have a plot of land in Treignac and would like recomendations for a good bulider.
Welcome to the Forum, Cant help with the builder myself but there are a couple of members n the forum from that way so they may be along.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

depends whether you prefer an expat or local tradesmen.

I have heard not so good stories about an expat in the area.

But they are not all like that.

And also about project management from another expat. A pm might be appropriate

The work I have had done by a local builder has been good , but rather expensive for some of the items. Some of the time I wasn't too sure which part of the job the description in the devis was for.

The plumber was excellent and business-like, making sure we knew what he was going to do. The only problem was he diddn't like the cheaper fittings and wasn't keen on putting in pipe work so that I could then connect a ready made shower cubicle. He put in the pipework but didn't connect it until I had ordered the bathroom fittings.

A bit expensive, but I have a reliable plumber who wiil come quickly in an emergency.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

How's this for an alternative
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...mes-self-build

and this

http://www.irishvernacular.com/

and there's a blog as well
Old May 25th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

travelling-trevor is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi are you still looking for a builder. Regards Wayne