Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

British motorists on the continent face £640 speeding fines from today

Old May 6th 2017, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default British motorists on the continent face £640 speeding fines from today

the UK 's two year exemption ends on may 7th so the EU member states will now be able to track you down via your own countries computer sysems

This brexit slanted piece of crap reporting from the toilet paper of the year - the express - both made me laugh but also made me sad to see the nonsense that the UK has become

'British tourists face £640 speeding fines in Europe under controversial new Brussels law

BRITISH drivers caught speeding in Europe this summer could be fined up to £640 under a controversial Brussels diktat.'

diktat - whats controversial about making you pay fines when you break the law - ridiculous - also not anti-british - applies to everyone
Old May 6th 2017, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British motorists on the continent face £640 speeding fines from today

French motorists driving in UK can be fined up to £1000 for not wearing a seat belt.

£1000 is the maximum fine in UK for low level offences.

The little words after the headlines are usually a bit too much for Express readers.
Old May 6th 2017, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British motorists on the continent face £640 speeding fines from today

what made me smile was that they - the hard shiny toilet paper daily express - emphasised their EU hate story with lots of photos of police with cameras - police hiding with cameras - roadside cameras - lane cameras - cameras that check tax discs
i thought my god what a living hell the EU must be
phew buts its ok - all of the photos were of the UK -
but thats democracy - must be its the UK - i hear it all of the time
even though i can't for the life of me remember voting in a referendum for over 1 million miles of yellow lines - vast amounts of speed bumps - having to pay to park on publicly owned roads and land - endless cameras speed and otherwise or a positive army of traffic wardens - not to mention paying to even think about visiting my capital city - home of democracy- London
maybe i put my 'x' in the wrong box - still who cares - 'i won' yeah
Old May 7th 2017, 8:07 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
cameras that check tax discs
What tax disk's?
Old May 7th 2017, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
What tax disk's?
pedantic aren't you

but the camera used in the photo by the express simply had the word tax written on it
not really relevant to the story - just like your pointless comment

i guess you are one of the 'above the law' types who think EU laws shouldn't apply even though you live there

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 7th 2017 at 9:46 am.
Old May 7th 2017, 9:26 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

pedantic aren't you

but the camera used in the photo by the express simply had the word tax written on it
not really relevant to the story - just like your pointless comment

i guess you are one of the 'above the law' types who think EU laws shouldn't apply even though you live there
Tax discs don't exist any more in France, which makes CS's question relevant to cameras in France.
Old May 7th 2017, 9:40 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

We don't pay road tax....
Old May 7th 2017, 9:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Tax discs don't exist any more in France, which makes CS's question relevant to cameras in France.
Pretty sure they don't exist in the UK either.
Old May 7th 2017, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

no it doesn't
the item has nothing to do with french cars
its about the evil EU now being able to track down all traffic offences - in this case the story is specifically about UK people - by accessing other countries computer systems
The tax disc thing refererred to a ridiculous photo posted to suport the ridiculous daily express story - where they tried to suggest the EU was full of cameras waiting to get innocent UK people by stupidly showing endless photos of UK cameras - including a canera that checks tax discs when you drive past
i know french cars dont have these - but its nothing to do with the story
Old May 7th 2017, 9:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

no it doesn't
the item has nothing to do with french cars
its about the evil EU now being able to track down all traffic offences - in this case the story is specifically about UK people - by accessing other countries computer systems
The tax disc thing refererred to a ridiculous photo posted to suport the ridiculous daily express story - where they tried to suggest the EU was full of cameras waiting to get innocent UK people by stupidly showing endless photos of UK cameras - including a canera that checks tax discs when you drive past
i know french cars dont have these - but its nothing to do with the story
Perhaps calm down a bit and stop posting the same thing in multiple forums? Be mighty grateful.
Old May 7th 2017, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

i posted to 3 forums because i thought the people might be interested in those countries
if people actually read what was posted before replying there would not be any lack of calm

bye bye
Old May 7th 2017, 10:14 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

i posted to 3 forums because i thought the people might be interested in those countries
if people actually read what was posted before replying there would not be any lack of calm

bye bye
Those EU residents who still have UK registered cars might be.
Since there are more than 20 other EU countries concerned, maybe one thread in the general Europe forum might have been sufficient....
Over and out.
Old May 7th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

i didn't know there was a general european Forum - you live and learn

it affects people coming on holiday and as you say people legally or otherwise with uk cars in EU countries
i posted to France - because most brits will start their journey or live there
Spain and Portugal - the same reasons plus lots of people both from the UK and already living in other EU countries holiday there
Old May 7th 2017, 11:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i didn't know there was a general european Forum - you live and learn
Just under Turkey, for Europe in general or countries that haven't got a dedicated forum
Old May 7th 2017, 1:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As the information is there for all to read and the posts have become unhelpful I am closing the thread.

Rosemary