Charente move.

Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Towerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Charente move.

Hello everyone.I've been looking to move to France for about 18 years! I know. Well the time is right now,i am on my own.I will be moving to the Charente early next year hopefully.I'm looking for a small place in a nice village/small town near the river-even on the banks of the river.Just wondered if any of you nice people have any advice to offer me about nice areas or even villages/towns i should consider,and maybe share your experiences of your moves to the area.Thankyou.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charente move.

Originally Posted by Towerman
Hello everyone.I've been looking to move to France for about 18 years! I know. Well the time is right now,i am on my own.I will be moving to the Charente early next year hopefully.I'm looking for a small place in a nice village/small town near the river-even on the banks of the river.Just wondered if any of you nice people have any advice to offer me about nice areas or even villages/towns i should consider,and maybe share your experiences of your moves to the area.Thankyou.
Hi Welcome to the forum.
I can't help with your proposed area but if you give a bit more information about yourself then you will pick up more information.
You are on your own which cuts out some complications.
Are you retired or looking for work?
Are you thinking of buying or renting?
Do you speak French?
Do you have family in the UK and need to return from time-to-time?
Will French inheritance laws be important to you?
Have a read at the "Moving to France FAQs" among the stickies at the top of the page.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/franc...e-faqs-866999/
Good luck with your plans
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Towerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Charente move.

Hi cyrian,thankyou for the welcome.I have stopped work now-even though i am under the retirement age.I would like to buy,but would rent for a while if needed.Gives me more time to search for the 'ideal' property.I do speak French poorly, to my regret.Did the language for 5 years at school (long ago),and i went to evening class for about 6 months before i moved to Ely- which was 10 years ago.Don't need to make visits back to the UK.Extended family and friends would be only too happy for me to wait on them when they visit.The dreaded inheritance tax-yes it's a poser alright.But,circumstances change.Thanks again.