Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Old Aug 31st 2013, 8:17 am
Just Joined

rubyray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bilingual school in Toulouse

From my experience with Morsons the contract is only for 6 months due to tax reasons. Trying to find accommodation alone is hard work. You have to ask is it worth the upheaval and more importantly the stability in the job as contractors are ten a penny. But on the other hand it would only be 6 months out of his life and would be an amazing experience which he would have memories of france for a long time. The scottish schooling system is now being designed around kids leaving school at 18. They don't make their actual subject choices till 4th year (15 years old) now in Scotland. im sure England is the same so he wont really fall behind much in school and the experience outweighs that I think.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

denzilwashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
You're wise to be concerned about such a move with a child of that age. 13 is a difficult age to change schools, but where it involves a move abroad there are particular difficulties, consequences of which can be long-lasting. I've seen it happen as I was in the same industry. Some children may cope with such upheaval, but many cannot. I advise you to think this through very carefully indeed.
If I were in your shoes I would put this Toulouse move on hold for a couple more years. There should be other opportunities with future Airbus projects.
Thank you. I appreciate your advice and think you're quite right. I don't think he's one to adapt easily to such a move.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Hi Denzil.. I have details of a school that will accept your 13yr old ..in Blagnac.. I am on holiday at the mo but am back next week and will send you the details then
Oh that's brilliant!! Thankyou, and hope your having lovely time.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rubyray
From my experience with Morsons the contract is only for 6 months due to tax reasons. Trying to find accommodation alone is hard work. You have to ask is it worth the upheaval and more importantly the stability in the job as contractors are ten a penny. But on the other hand it would only be 6 months out of his life and would be an amazing experience which he would have memories of france for a long time. The scottish schooling system is now being designed around kids leaving school at 18. They don't make their actual subject choices till 4th year (15 years old) now in Scotland. im sure England is the same so he wont really fall behind much in school and the experience outweighs that I think.
Thankyou. Apparently its 2yr contracts..but Adam is only getting little snippets of info. They have been recommended for France, but nothing is certain. I'm just trying to be super duper organised and I have always wanted to live outside of Britain for even a short time. Kiddywinkles just add a few spanners in the works.
Interesting about the schools. We're in Wales, so it may be different again, but I did hear something similar.
I appreciate yours and everybody else's input. Its been a real good help.