British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Bein Sports with Orange Internet/TV package (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/bein-sports-orange-internet-tv-package-905568/)

Lavers69 Nov 7th 2017 5:51 pm

Bein Sports with Orange Internet/TV package

Apologies if this has been raised before, but has anyone taken out the BEIN Sports package with Orange. It is quite difficult to work out what live sport they actually show. I am just wondering if it is worth it. I am interested in watching UK and French football and rugby. We already have the free to air UK TV channels and we have just switched our Internet back to Orange after being with Free.

I saw the SFR package if you take out internet or a mobile package, which comes with Premiership sports, but I have been warned off SFR in our village in Herault, because the coverage is poor.

dmu Nov 8th 2017 6:59 am

Re: Bein Sports with Orange Internet/TV package

Originally Posted by Lavers69 (Post 12377010)
Apologies if this has been raised before, but has anyone taken out the BEIN Sports package with Orange. It is quite difficult to work out what live sport they actually show. I am just wondering if it is worth it. I am interested in watching UK and French football and rugby. We already have the free to air UK TV channels and we have just switched our Internet back to Orange after being with Free.

I saw the SFR package if you take out internet or a mobile package, which comes with Premiership sports, but I have been warned off SFR in our village in Herault, because the coverage is poor.

Hi, we have a French Satellite TV but don't subscribe to BEIN Sport. A quick look in a TV Magazine shows that BEIN Sport 1 covers Basketball, European football and Handball today, BEIN Sport 2 a whole day of Football "Matchs indéterminés". Look at the daily programmes to see whether it's worthwhile...
In any case, important international football matches and rugby matches are shown on the public French channels, esp. if France is playing, but it doesn't sound as though you've got TNT or Satellite TV?

Lavers69 Nov 8th 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks DMU, I will look at the programme guide

Novocastrian Nov 8th 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lavers69 (Post 12377010)

I have BEIN 1 and BEIN 2 as part of some package or other on Orange. I don't watch it often but they have French and Italian football regularly (almost daily) and coverage of the Champions League (not live though). I'm not a great rugby fan but there's a lot of that too. And Grand Slam tennis.

Since I've no idea what I pay for it, I can't really say if it's worth it. :ohmy: