BBC iplayer

Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Ken Whitmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC iplayer

I have just found a LineX wireless audio USB for £17 which lets me listen to BBC radio anywhere in the house and some yards outside when my computer is switched on ( I sat outside in the sun listening to Test Match Special.) See http://www.techfocus.co.uk/iTrip-FM-...ters/TFM02.htm. It gets French programmes too.

Originally Posted by petree
Hi,

I've been trying to do the opposite, and my language skills aren't up to using the reverse expat websites...

Does anyone know how to access the French iPlayer programmes from the UK? e.g. M6 Replay

For mac users can i recommend 'iplayer downloader', its free and it states for UK users only but in the preferences you can just copy in an UK proxy and download lots of shows, to keep forever
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

chuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant future

I use a very handy progam which lets you watch 'LIVE' British TV channels on ur pc, Mac or whatever, yes i did say LIVE as in watching Eastenders or whatever your favourite program is (MatchOfTheDay my fav).

You need to download two programs to use the app and you dont need to be a computer wizz kid.

First one is VLC Player which is a player very similar to Windows player that lets u watch videos etc on ur PC, Mac, Linux get it HERE and install it into the default directory for PC, i think it needs to be in the same directory for Mac users.

The 2nd program is called BritishTV.exe funnily enough which u can download from HERE(PC) if ur using a PC, HERE(MAC) if ur on a Mac, or HERE(Linux32bit) or HERE(Linux64bit) if ur using Linux, this app doesnt need any installation just put it on ur desktop double click it, choose the channel you want to use u have a choice of 19 in all, then wait for VLC to open up and buffer the stream and away you go

This is 100% virus free, proxy free, and free of charge so enjoy

Ps:I didnt want to start a new thread about this program but if a mod feels that this program is important enough then please do start one, as it will be easier to help people out if they are having problems gettin this working and it is not related to BBC IPlayer at all.

Last edited by chuba; Sep 2nd 2009 at 8:24 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks chuba
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:00 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks chuba
The support thread for anyone that has issues is HERE

Even if you dont have issues thank the author of the software.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Sep 2nd 2009 at 9:05 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

chuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

hehehe another myp2p fan on this site i didnt want to link to the site as it does deal with some doggy stuff if u know what i mean, but this app is fantastic for all us expats.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Done and dusted
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by chuba
hehehe another myp2p fan on this site i didnt want to link to the site as it does deal with some doggy stuff if u know what i mean, but this app is fantastic for all us expats.
I get about The OH is always referring to me as a tart
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Pierlek is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to download iplayer then find a Proxy server which are free or use a VPN which will cost. But to be quite honest being in France why don't you just buy a Digital Free to Air Satellite box and watch it all on your TV.
You are right; Ihave been retired nearly 7 years now, I have installed HD DIGI on all 3 Tvs: The reception is 100% satisfactory.BBC & ITV HD on HD (1080) 4 feet set are just like watching a live show at Wembley.Please do that, you only live once.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 8:05 am
New ember - smoulderin'

analyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to all

4 feet set huh?

oooooooohhhh that is so-o-o 60's style
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Originally Posted by chuba
I use a very handy progam which lets you watch 'LIVE' British TV channels on ur pc, Mac or whatever, yes i did say LIVE as in watching Eastenders or whatever your favourite program is (MatchOfTheDay my fav).

You need to download two programs to use the app and you dont need to be a computer wizz kid.

First one is VLC Player which is a player very similar to Windows player that lets u watch videos etc on ur PC, Mac, Linux get it HERE and install it into the default directory for PC, i think it needs to be in the same directory for Mac users.

The 2nd program is called BritishTV.exe funnily enough which u can download from HERE(PC) if ur using a PC, HERE(MAC) if ur on a Mac, or HERE(Linux32bit) or HERE(Linux64bit) if ur using Linux, this app doesnt need any installation just put it on ur desktop double click it, choose the channel you want to use u have a choice of 19 in all, then wait for VLC to open up and buffer the stream and away you go

This is 100% virus free, proxy free, and free of charge so enjoy

Ps:I didnt want to start a new thread about this program but if a mod feels that this program is important enough then please do start one, as it will be easier to help people out if they are having problems gettin this working and it is not related to BBC IPlayer at all.

Thats a great programme and has allowed me to keep up with the international rugby matches over the past month (and I let my wife watch X factor as a bonus to her), but couldn't get it to work at all over the weekend - did anyone else have a similar problem? The p2p thread refered to has been closed, so no help to be gotten there... I might try to reinstal one evening this week and try again...
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:52 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

What happens when you shut down and go out Monday night to play some Belote with some pals, you miss this incredible threadamania. TV via the PC or laptop always seems less to me. I'm with Ka Ora, get the box and dish and watch it on a decent sized screen. But, as ever, I'm in awe of the technical capabilities of threaders on this board.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - This thread has had 27500 "hits". That shows what people need to live the expat life.
That is more reads than the static threads at the top of the page.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by cyrian
Wow - This thread has had 27500 "hits". That shows what people need to live the expat life.
That is more reads than the static threads at the top of the page.
Thats bugger all, Have a look at some of the threads in the Lounge. The Three Word Story has 376,258 Views
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

canadiancoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine seems to have gone down...anyone else using BritishTV.exe not working?
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Originally Posted by canadiancoops
Mine seems to have gone down...anyone else using BritishTV.exe not working?
It stopped working a couple of weekends ago for me. The VLC media player opens up ok from the desktop, and the BritishTV-windows program starts. When I type in the channel though, an error comes up and the window closes (too quickly to actually read the rerror message), then nothing. I reinstalled the program, but still doing the same thing.

Its a shame really, as it was useful for the odd program or sports event and I don't watch anything regularly or often enough to bother with getting satelite dishes set up and so on - most of TV (in any country) is 99% rubbish anyway IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.