BBC iplayer

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:52 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iplayer

You know what? Forget it. I'm running out of ways to say I don't think it's a spambot. The e-mail address was a valid one, with an unsubscribe link which I've used. So we'll see if it stops. The name was 'Chris', and the domain was numberoneongoogle.co.uk, or something like that, as I explained when I posted. I just think it's funny how I'm now getting these since I registered an 'interest' in this thread, that's all. It's no big deal.

Sue, it's so easy to use these kinds of forums to initiate 'cold calling' as it were, trawling threads to see if anyone may be interested in a product or service, then seeing if they have an e-mail addy somewhere. It has nothing at all to do with spambots, just plain old-fashioned legwork. It was just a theory, and the question was asked to see if anyone else on this thread had received anything either, or whether it was just me. In all probability it was pure coincidence. Let's just drop it now, eh?

Ka, I haven't had an e-mail from you. Possibly in my webmail, I haven't looked. That's where the serious crap goes anyway.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Le Chant
You know what? Forget it. I'm running out of ways to say I don't think it's a spambot. The e-mail address was a valid one, with an unsubscribe link which I've used. So we'll see if it stops. The name was 'Chris', and the domain was numberoneongoogle.co.uk, or something like that, as I explained when I posted. I just think it's funny how I'm now getting these since I registered an 'interest' in this thread, that's all. It's no big deal.

Sue, it's so easy to use these kinds of forums to initiate 'cold calling' as it were, trawling threads to see if anyone may be interested in a product or service, then seeing if they have an e-mail addy somewhere. It has nothing at all to do with spambots, just plain old-fashioned legwork. It was just a theory, and the question was asked to see if anyone else on this thread had received anything either, or whether it was just me. In all probability it was pure coincidence. Let's just drop it now, eh?

Ka, I haven't had an e-mail from you. Possibly in my webmail, I haven't looked. That's where the serious crap goes anyway.
That domain is free to buy....i did find a mention of it on another forum bottom of the page second to last post at the mo. http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...OPIC_ID=105204
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

LeChant, if it's of any re-assurance to you , or anybody else for that matter, I haven't received any of the aforementioned spambot or not emails. Having been the the threadstarter on this subject, I think I would probably have been the first target. (I'm now touching wood !!)
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nirving
  1. Download the addons for for FoxyProxy and GreaseMonkey.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2464
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
  2. Next we need to configure FoxyProxy to be used in Patterns mode so that when the request to get a particular URL from the BBC is made it is made via the UK Proxy. This URL contains the token to view the video.
  3. From within FireFox select the Tools Menu then FoxProxy menu and then the Options Menu.
  4. Click the Add New Proxy button
  5. In the Proxy Name Field enter BBC iPlayer Proxy
  6. Select the Proxy Details Tab
  7. Select the Manual Proxy Configuration Radio Button
  8. In Hostname and Port enter the Hostname and Port (and select if it is a SOCKS Proxy and version if using SOCKS)
  9. Select the Patterns tab
  10. Click the Add New Pattern button
  11. In the Pattern Name field enter "BBC iPlayer Media Selector Pattern"
  12. In the URL Pattern enter http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/*
  13. Leave the WhiteList and WildCards radio buttons selected
  14. Click the Ok Button
  15. Click the OK Button
  16. Go to http://www.darkedges.com/bbc/iPlayer.user.js
  17. When prompted click the Install button to add the GreaseMonkey Script
  18. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ and select a video to stream
  19. A preview image will show and and a white "Click to play" button should appear and now your should be able to view the video. First the ident appears and then the video, which is not streamed via the proxy.
Hi. I've been using VPN tunnel for access to iPlayer (see my sig) but would be interested in getting your method working too. I have a couple of questions - firstly - as highlighted above what do you enter as the hostname and port? A UK proxy you found via Google? Secondly should Foxyproxy actually be enabled and if so in which mode - you make no reference to this. Thirdly - what's the code we need to host on our own server?

Thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Bryson is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been happily using this method for several weeks, and it stopped working in the last few days. Have the BBC changed some stuff?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bryson
I've been happily using this method for several weeks, and it stopped working in the last few days. Have the BBC changed some stuff?
When they find them, BBC are blocking them, so you will have to find another that works.
DonĀ“t forget that they are not safe though.....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Bryson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
When they find them, BBC are blocking them, so you will have to find another that works.
DonĀ“t forget that they are not safe though.....
Ah - so hopefully it's just the proxy that needs changing? I'll do that and see if it works.

The reason I'm worried is that I got the message saying "only available in the UK" again - and last time the proxy didn't work, it just hung rather than throwing that message up.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Efpom is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

Go to Radio channels home page

The above is the message I get, only in the last week- however there is 'breaking news' here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547554

I have had no sucess. as yet, with the new method--
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

alexan00 is an unknown quantity at this point

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD PLACE/SITE FOR HARVESTING FRESH AND WORKING BRITISH IPs???? They change so quickly that its getting to the point where I'm looking for an entire day every other day just to watch a 30 minute program. Please HELP!!

Thanks!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

EdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really nice

I followed the advert on this page to a service that claims to offer access to UK channels. In the fine print: "UK TV license required". Small technicality...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:26 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EdwardPDX
I followed the advert on this page to a service that claims to offer access to UK channels. In the fine print: "UK TV license required". Small technicality...

Buy one then........
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:36 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Buy one then........
Now now big boy Please do be nice.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

EdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really niceEdwardPDX is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Buy one then........
Didn't know I could, living abroad as I do... I was just commenting that these services all give the impression that tapping into the BBC is free, and submerge the "technicality" of the license requirement in legal fine print. Down boy!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:53 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EdwardPDX
Didn't know I could, living abroad as I do... I was just commenting that these services all give the impression that tapping into the BBC is free, and submerge the "technicality" of the license requirement in legal fine print. Down boy!
I think you should not waste your tlme,the world is full of idiots
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: BBC iplayer

This is it,

they're taking things too far at the beeb.

I've just arrived at work, and (as it's an english school) went to put on BBC Radio 2, via our internet connection on the reception computer, and what do I see?

Please enter USERNAME and PASSWORD!! :curse:

Apparently, this is supposed to be a way of getting people to test the new beta version of the BBC iplayer, but I reckon it's more about tracing EXACTLY where all their users are, so as to check up on so-called illegal use of the application (shed a tear for licence-payers!!)

Anyway, after looking around the site a bit, I still haven't managed to find anything that enables me to create a username and password.

Any thoughts anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.