BBC iplayer

Old May 15th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Efpom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC iplayer

Well. Ive nearly got it to work! - The first segment of the clip plays, -the introduction - e.g.the BBC 2 spinning reel, but after that my firefox browser just says 'connecting to www.bbc.co.uk..." and the screen just shows the BBC 2 loading logo..

Anybody any ideas on how to proceed?
Old May 15th 2008, 8:52 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Efpom
Well. Ive nearly got it to work! - The first segment of the clip plays, -the introduction - e.g.the BBC 2 spinning reel, but after that my firefox browser just says 'connecting to www.bbc.co.uk..." and the screen just shows the BBC 2 loading logo..

Anybody any ideas on how to proceed?
Wait it out, it's bandwidth issues.
Old May 15th 2008, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Efpom is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so but Ive been waiting for about an hour fo it to load, and no luck!!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Efpom
I hope so but Ive been waiting for about an hour fo it to load, and no luck!!
Try quiting the browser but bookmark the link to the page your on and reload it again if by chance your using osx make sure you truly quit firefox. I needed to do that before it would work.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:39 am
See the BBC for Free

nirving is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Try quiting the browser but bookmark the link to the page your on and reload it again if by chance your using osx make sure you truly quit firefox. I needed to do that before it would work.
I agree with the bandwidth issues, as I am having a tough time down here in Australia getting the feeds to play consistently. I will have a look over the weekend and see if there is any else I can do with the scripts, but I doubt it. It seems to work better for me around 5-6am Melbourne time which much be late in the evening in the UK.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

UKCamaroSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nirving
.....[*]In Hostname and Port enter the Hostname and Port (and select if it is a SOCKS Proxy and version if using SOCKS).....
Hi,

Sorry, I'm not very technical - when you say enter Hostname and Port - where do we get that info from? Is the hostname a proxy??

Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:12 pm
See the BBC for Free

nirving is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Hi,

Sorry, I'm not very technical - when you say enter Hostname and Port - where do we get that info from? Is the hostname a proxy??

Yes, you need to find a UK proxy just for that request, and that is why I am suggesting FoxyProxy as it allows you to configure proxies based on the URL requested. Do a search for UK Proxy in google and you should find a couple around. Another option is to use Tor and configure FoxyProxy to use that. There are a couple of examples of getting a UK server for TOR on Google, and if your stuck I will document the process and store on my website.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:22 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Is someone trawling the replies on this thread for spam? Because it's only since I replied on here that I've been getting e-mails from 'nimberoneongoogle.co.uk' encouraging me to visit their website to do something I already know how to do. It's bloody annoying, so stop it!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Is someone trawling the replies on this thread for spam? Because it's only since I replied on here that I've been getting e-mails from 'nimberoneongoogle.co.uk' encouraging me to visit their website to do something I already know how to do. It's bloody annoying, so stop it!
How do you know the spam you are getting is anything to do with BE?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:18 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
How do you know the spam you are getting is anything to do with BE?
I don't, that's why I asked the question, to see if anyone else has. As I said, I haven't posted about the iPlayer anywhere else, so I found it funny that I started to receive e-mails about it after I posted here.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't, that's why I asked the question, to see if anyone else has. As I said, I haven't posted about the iPlayer anywhere else, so I found it funny that I started to receive e-mails about it after I posted here.
Well if you haven't posted your email on this site then the spambot hasn't picked your email address from here.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:34 pm

Sue, I'm not suggesting for a minute that it's a spambot. More along the lines of someone looking through profiles perhaps? Maybe a bit 'cloak & dagger', but it's the only thing I can think of. As I said, funny how it's only started since I made the post on this thread. Which is why I was asking the question of the others. It's not a dig at BE, so please don't take it that way.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue, I'm not suggesting for a minute that it's a spambot. More along the lines of someone looking through profiles perhaps? Maybe a bit 'cloak & dagger', but it's the only thing I can think of. As I said, funny how it's only started since I made the post on this thread. Which is why I was asking the question of the others. It's not a dig at BE, so please don't take it that way.
Unless you were emailed by another member via your profile or you've posted your email address on the forum the spam did not originate through BE. BE neither shares, rents or sells email address or member's personal information.

If the spammer is a member who contacted you via your profile please pm me either their username or the email address they sent the email from and I will ban them.

Thanks

Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sue
Unless you were emailed by another member via your profile or you've posted your email address on the forum the spam did not originate through BE. BE neither shares, rents or sells email address or member's personal information.

If the spammer is a member who contacted you via your profile please pm me either their username or the email address they sent the email from and I will ban them.

Thanks

Sue
Its because you have your Domain name in your sig and i bet that on your domain config anything sent [email protected] goes to your mail box i will send you a email like this and tell me if you get it.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:58 pm

[email protected] got returned but the other one did not So you need to change the config on the Liore-g---.com one to stop anything@blah coming in to the master mail box.

The horrible little bot's can resolve a www.anything.com domain name and bombard it until it gets a result or just send it to admin/[email protected] because they are the weakest link in the spam wars.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 2nd 2008 at 5:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.