Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on Tournefeuille (near Toulouse)?

Any thoughts on Tournefeuille (near Toulouse)?

Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

LM75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any thoughts on Tournefeuille (near Toulouse)?

Hi,
We are currently looking for somewhere to rent in the Toulouse area and have narrowed our search down to Tournefeuille.
Does anyone have any general recommendations? Are there any areas to avoid? What are the public transport links like to Toulouse city centre? Is it an easy drive?
What about the general amenities and shopping?
And what are the schools like? We have a 2-year old who will be starting maternelle this year or next.
Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any thoughts on Tournefeuille (near Toulouse)?

Originally Posted by LM75
Hi,
We are currently looking for somewhere to rent in the Toulouse area and have narrowed our search down to Tournefeuille.
Does anyone have any general recommendations?
An excellent place to live imo. We lived there for almost 3 years, before purchasing property elsewhere.There are some great
houses there but rents have soared over the last 5 years. Tournefuille is now very sought after, a little like Cabriol at Colomiers.
You'd be looking in the region of 500€+ per month for a smallish appartment, and 1300€+month for a house. I see there's a very nice
T5 villa there currently for 1570€ month (Google's your friend)

Are there any areas to avoid?
In Tournefuille no, not to my knowledge.
What are the public transport links like to Toulouse city centre?
I'm told it's good, but always went by car.
Is it an easy drive?
Dead easy, but traffic in Toulouse centre is a pain at certain times of the day.
What about the general amenities and shopping?
Not too many shops that I recall, good baker though.
And what are the schools like? We have a 2-year old who will be starting maternelle this year or next.
Never used them but the one at the end of our road (close to La Ramee) looked good from the outside.
Thanks for any help!

Good luck.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 6th 2012 at 5:22 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I agree; nice area with a good reputation and therefore, I imagine, good schools
Old Mar 11th 2012, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

mum2TOAD has a spectacular aura aboutmum2TOAD has a spectacular aura aboutmum2TOAD has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We live in Tournefeuille! North end of the town near Colomiers. Have to say we love it here, great town with everything you could need (Big post office, banks, food shops, restaurants etc), good sunday market. Quite a good Carrefour Market and easy access to the N24 for further afield.

Our kids go to the IST so can't comment on schools sadly.

Tournefeuille spreads over quite a big area, some of the houses are AMAZING!! Basse Ramee is nice for jogging, walking, sports etc.

Good look house hunting
Old Mar 11th 2012, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

LM75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. How would you say Tournefeuille compares to Pibrac?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 10:11 am
Just Joined

mum2TOAD has a spectacular aura aboutmum2TOAD has a spectacular aura aboutmum2TOAD has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Both places I think are quite different. Tournefeuille is closer to Toulouse and is busier than Pibrac which has more of a quieter feel to it. More Brits in Pibrac I'd say. Depends what you're after I suppose! We wanted to live in Pibrac but there just weren't any suitable properties for us at the time, having said that I think I prefer it here now