Another Strike

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:12 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Strike

Originally Posted by audio
But first you have to go from Shannon to Dublin, there are a lot of peat bogs to cross
Mmmmm. Peat Bogs.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:05 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Well strikes are still on. Well at least many flights have been cancelled tomorrow and back up plans fully in place with the airlines. I have certainly not heard any different.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvc
Well strikes are still on. Well at least many flights have been cancelled tomorrow and back up plans fully in place with the airlines. I have certainly not heard any different.
France Inter just confirmed the strikes are on as announced.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:26 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

I expected as much. I was rather concerned when my work email hadn't confirmed the end to the strikes. I hadn't heard any different.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

On this evening's news, the estimate is that 1 in 5 flights will be affected in airports from/to the South of France, and flights to the south of Europe, and North Africa.
There's no indication that long-haul flights will be affected, but ultimately your guess is as good as mine.
I note too that there's a 48hr maritime strike announced from 26th June, with sailings to Corsica in particular expected to be halted.
For those who regularly watch French tv news, I reckon that words/phrases such as, greve, pertubation, and ras le bol have for years been amongst the most frequently heard.
Will it never end? Unfortunately, I think we all know the answer.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

From the information I have, the whole French ATC network will be down. That will include handling overflights from western and eastern countries. When I was inconvenienced by all this sort of thing some years back, flights departing from the UK to Spain, Canaries etc. had to route oceanic, miles out over the Atlantic to avoid Fr. Airspace. Cost the airlines ££££, now we wonder why tickets are costing more and more.
Happy days ahead.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

From the information I have, the whole French ATC network will be down. That will include handling overflights from western and eastern countries. When I was inconvenienced by all this sort of thing some years back, flights departing from the UK to Spain, Canaries etc. had to route oceanic, miles out over the Atlantic to avoid Fr. Airspace. Cost the airlines ££££, now we wonder why tickets are costing more and more.
Happy days ahead.
It doesn't seem that bad. Today's AF351 which we are booked on on Saturday evening is showing a 3 hour delay, but is still scheduled to arrive at CDG tomorrow morning.

If this still applies on June 28th, we can live with that.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:39 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

Well, as expected ATC on strike, and causing as much disruption to their fellow work colleagues as possible!!! Seem to have no respect to work colleagues who have to dig them out of cr@p every time they decide to strike! Probably one of the best paid jobs out there, and probably striking over something pathetic as usual.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:46 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvc
Well, as expected ATC on strike, and causing as much disruption to their fellow work colleagues as possible!!! Seem to have no respect to work colleagues who have to dig them out of cr@p every time they decide to strike! Probably one of the best paid jobs out there, and probably striking over something pathetic as usual.
Gee, can't understand why the French economy is so stagnant.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvc
Yes JVC I agree.
IMO Mr H should bring in the military controllers and stop being held to ransom.
I seem to remember Maggie doing this many years ago.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:12 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes JVC I agree.
IMO Mr H should bring in the military controllers and stop being held to ransom.
Flanby wouldn't dare (any more than earlier Presidents), all the while the right to strike is written in the Constitution.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
Flanby wouldn't dare (any more than earlier Presidents), all the while the right to strike is written in the Constitution.
Then there is no hope IMHO.

I do like his nickname BTW
Old Jun 24th 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

We missed the SNCF strike by a whisker but a neighbour who works out of Marseilles airport, delivering helicopters world-wide has hit a problem. He was all geared up to do a stupidly long trip to the other side of the world and back but now doesn't know anything.

His views on both unions and government are utterly unrepeatable!

On another front, we understand that back-stage staff at theatres and festivals are also on or threatening action. Having had, shall we say, not cheap tickets for the opera in the Roman theatre in Orange for a very special treat we are beginning to think we can waive goodby to not just a magical night, but rather a lot of €s too.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:14 pm
Born again atheist

Yes JVC I agree.
Not Maggie. Ronnie.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago I recall there was a great to-do in Spain about Air Traffic Controllers salaries. I believe some were pulling down close to a million Euros a year.

In the UK I know it is generally about £60-70,000. I belive in France they start around €110,000.

Still, I have little doubt that it is a level of stress I would not want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.