Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wondering about the humidity in Brisbane???

Wondering about the humidity in Brisbane???

Old May 16th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

tonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to all
Default Re: Wondering about the humidity in Brisbane???

the only thing that makes cairns seem hot is the humidity which is similar to darwin the hottest cairns gets is about 38 deg in the day and about 25 deg at night with 90-100 % humidity its not to nice , melbourne, perth and adalaide are very, very dry in summer because of the direction of the winds that come from inland Hence ( dry ) and your feet start to crack when you where thongs everyday,well mine did.

But its getting cold in noosa now and we`ve had the heating on for the last few weeks ( blood is to thin now ) anything below 25deg seems cold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Well anywhere is warm when you've spent so long in the UK we had shockingly warm weather end of last week up to Wednesday when it started to get cooler, I was wondering if the whole village had been ripped out of the UK and emigrated itself to a slightly warmer country lol.

So I take it Sydney is somewhere imbetween Melbourne and Brisbane when it comes to heat?
Oh well i'd better make the most of the sort of warm weather here cause in a couple of weeks all of a sudden it'll be back to being Winter.....hmmmmmm oh goody only just left Winter behind, we so didn't time this move well (not that we had any choice) but a UK summer (ha ha ha) and then an Aussie summer would have been fantastic

Jen
Old May 16th 2008, 7:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wondering about the humidity in Brisbane???

Originally Posted by JenJen
a UK summer (ha ha ha) and then an Aussie summer would have been fantastic

Jen
Jen

We had a UK winter followed by an Oz winter and the Oz winter (even in Melbourne ) was so warm and mild and dry it could have easily been a UK Spring or Autumn.

I think arriving in winter is best, you can get all the hassly things out of the way like finding a house, banks etc and then by the time spring comes you can really enjoy it.

Buzzy
Old May 16th 2008, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Jen

We had a UK winter followed by an Oz winter and the Oz winter (even in Melbourne ) was so warm and mild and dry it could have easily been a UK Spring or Autumn.

I think arriving in winter is best, you can get all the hassly things out of the way like finding a house, banks etc and then by the time spring comes you can really enjoy it.

Buzzy
never thought about it like that - thanks
Old May 16th 2008, 9:06 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yeah, usually the weather comes to you from us and we get it from Perth - it takes about a week to get here from there though
Yeah, yawning and bored stupid as it comes, I imagine!

Got a mental image of a cloud rolling over looking very dull with a big grimace on it's phizzog!!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

When is brisbane typically 38 - 39 degrees , it struggled to get over 28 this year, last time this was discussed it was agreed the last hot summer was about 2003, and this year there was one day it reached anywhere near 40.

If people want some 38 / 39 days each summer far better chance of finding them looking around adelaide, perth, melbourne or inland qld than brisbane.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

It was really foggy this morning in the city.

(just thought I'd throw that in there as we're all harping on about the weather...)
Old May 17th 2008, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen

So I take it Sydney is somewhere imbetween Melbourne and Brisbane when it comes to heat?

Jen
In terms of humidity it is (I think). One thing is shares with Brisbane is sunny winters.

Adelaide and Melbourne get colder, more overcast winters.

Autumn lasts longer in Sydney (and Perth). It is still reaching early 20s when
Melbourne gets to high teens.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Yeah, yawning and bored stupid as it comes, I imagine!

Got a mental image of a cloud rolling over looking very dull with a big grimace on it's phizzog!!

Generally they've commited suicide before they get this far
Old May 17th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Humidity,my pet hate . Adelaide and Melbourne are fine, the only humidity is when the dregs of a cyclone are dragged down as a deep low, otherwise a very dry heat.
Sydney experiences some humidity...so does Perth. The further north you travel the more humid it is.
Perth is just that little bit further north than Sydney
Old May 17th 2008, 8:24 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you were, take a look at this..........taken on an 'averagely' humid day in the summer just gone. Was only about 37-39 degrees on this day, so no-where near as hot as it normally gets in the summer.........
If you look closely, you can see my shirt sticking to me, the wet sweat patches everywhere, the beetroot face....Ah, what it is to feel like a pressure cooker!

A tribute to REM: Shiny Happy People, eat yer heart out!!!!!!
I feel sorry for the lovely looking lady next to him,standing next to a sweaty ugly looking pom
Old May 17th 2008, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I feel sorry for the lovely looking lady next to him,standing next to a sweaty ugly looking pom
Good onya!
Old May 17th 2008, 8:47 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Good onya!
There is something quite disturbing about the thumbdown smiley
Old May 17th 2008, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Clippy
There is something quite disturbing about the thumbdown smiley
OK, just for you -
Old May 17th 2008, 8:50 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, just for you -
Lol..oddly, now they all look disturbing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.