Wind & Flood

Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wind & Flood

Bix what would you know, you're just a limp penis apparently?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:27 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell the other half not to forget to take a photo as I want proof that you can see a river from your veranda... she'll know what I'm talking about.

Just as well you got that chainsaw, you must have had a premonition.

Originally Posted by cresta57
We're back on line for a few brief mins while Energex sort out the rest of the lines.
Terrible night no sleep at all as we were to scared to get into bed. We've lost several large trees from the block a couple of which blocked the road completely. As soon as it was light this morning Josh & I cut our way out with the chainsaw and headed towards the local servo cutting back the fallen trees as we had to. I've never seen devastation like this, it's shocking literally, power lines down all over, 30k homes without power from Gympie to Maryboro'. The rain still hasn't stopped & the Mary river is only .2 of a M below the bridge, expected to peak at 9am tomorrow so there will be more serious flooding up here. Loads of homes here without roofs and more with the river already running through them.
Cheers for the text updates A & P.
This is the first storm in a long time to turn inward and hit us as we usually get protection from Fraser Island. I heard on the UHF that Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay had 800mm of rain in the night.
Best get off as power going out again for a few hours while more lines are reconnected.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Bix what would you know, you're just a limp penis apparently?
I went through cyclone Larry so know all about limp things.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Yes, they say that theres a lot of children born 9 months later whenever theres a cyclone.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
I went through cyclone Larry so know all about limp things.
Yes, they say that theres a lot of children born 9 months later whenever theres a cyclone.
Not with a limp penis there won't be. How come we can say penis on here thought that would be on the banned list and lead to @#*=% symbols?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by annqldau
Not with a limp penis there won't be. How come we can say penis on here thought that would be on the banned list and lead to @#*=% symbols?
Hey "Limp Penis", that's a good name for a band! Sorry, am quite bored here and am looking for any way in which to entertain myself.
I think it is fine to say penis.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:00 pm

Hey "Limp Penis", that's a good name for a band! Sorry, am quite bored here and am looking for any way in which to entertain myself.
Think it's all ready been copyrighted by men....

Think it's all in the way you say it.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Look out Cresta tiny feet pattering along that verandah and falling into the spa........
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:30 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Tell the other half not to forget to take a photo as I want proof that you can see a river from your veranda... she'll know what I'm talking about.

Just as well you got that chainsaw, you must have had a premonition.
I'll take some now, the river is well up over the banks. It's a couple of metres over the bridge in Gympie and over the bridge here at Bells Bridge. I'll post some pics as soon as the camera is charged up.
As for the chainsaw, it earned it's money yesterday, I'm not bothered if I never use it until the next one
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Entertain yourself with a limp penis.I dont think so
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:08 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I blame the uniforms, those SES guys can put it about a bit.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:31 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some pics of the flooding in Gympie & a couple from our veranda just for you Ann

The highway in Gympie is about to flood at Nicks readymix concrete.

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 30th 2008 at 7:04 am.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:48 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some pics of the flooding in Gympie & a couple from our veranda just for you Ann

The highway in Gympie is about to flood at Nicks readymix concrete.
Reckon they need to change that sign to 'Deep Shit' instead of 'Deep Creek' then mate.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That last picture reminds me of driving past a flooded river in the UK years ago and my eldest asking why someone had planted trees in the middle of the river
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We're back on line for a few brief mins while Energex sort out the rest of the lines.
Terrible night no sleep at all as we were to scared to get into bed. We've lost several large trees from the block a couple of which blocked the road completely. As soon as it was light this morning Josh & I cut our way out with the chainsaw and headed towards the local servo cutting back the fallen trees as we had to. I've never seen devastation like this, it's shocking literally, power lines down all over, 30k homes without power from Gympie to Maryboro'. The rain still hasn't stopped & the Mary river is only .2 of a M below the bridge, expected to peak at 9am tomorrow so there will be more serious flooding up here. Loads of homes here without roofs and more with the river already running through them.
Cheers for the text updates A & P.
This is the first storm in a long time to turn inward and hit us as we usually get protection from Fraser Island. I heard on the UHF that Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay had 800mm of rain in the night.
Best get off as power going out again for a few hours while more lines are reconnected.
The best part of a metre! That's what Melbourne averages in a year.
Still, I'm hoping there were some trees that were on the target list anyhow!

Stay safe

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.