Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDW28001.txt

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for Widespread Damaging Winds with Locally Destructive Gusts
For people in the Lower West, Southwest and adjacent parts of the Central West,
Central Wheat Belt, Great Southern and Southern Coastal Districts including the
Perth metropolitan area, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton and Albany.

Issued at 9:00 am WST on Monday 5 September 2005

A strong cold front is approaching the state from the west and is expected to
cause severe winds that could result in widespread damage to property. In
localised areas wind gusts may be severe enough to cause significant damage or
destruction of property. Severe winds are forecast to develop in the Southwest
district during the afternoon and extend to other parts this evening.
Thunderstorms and local flooding are also possible.

The FESA-State Emergency Service advises that people should secure loose objects
and stay indoors when strong winds develop. Boat owners should ensure that small
craft are securely moored. Driving conditions may be hazardous.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:40 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Not a good day to be learning to Kite Surf then :scared:
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Trekrider will become famous soon enoughTrekrider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDW28001.txt

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for Widespread Damaging Winds with Locally Destructive Gusts
For people in the Lower West, Southwest and adjacent parts of the Central West,
Central Wheat Belt, Great Southern and Southern Coastal Districts including the
Perth metropolitan area, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton and Albany.

Issued at 9:00 am WST on Monday 5 September 2005

A strong cold front is approaching the state from the west and is expected to
cause severe winds that could result in widespread damage to property. In
localised areas wind gusts may be severe enough to cause significant damage or
destruction of property. Severe winds are forecast to develop in the Southwest
district during the afternoon and extend to other parts this evening.
Thunderstorms and local flooding are also possible.

The FESA-State Emergency Service advises that people should secure loose objects
and stay indoors when strong winds develop. Boat owners should ensure that small
craft are securely moored. Driving conditions may be hazardous.
S**t!!! Our pets are due to land in Perth in around 90 minutes. Will the flight have to be diverted? There was I just starting to relax....

Can someone keep me posted on weather conditions please? PLEASE????

Sue
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Trekrider will become famous soon enoughTrekrider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trekrider
S**t!!! Our pets are due to land in Perth in around 90 minutes. Will the flight have to be diverted? There was I just starting to relax....

Can someone keep me posted on weather conditions please? PLEASE????

Sue
Got that wrong. Add another two hours to the arrival because I forgot the time difference for WA. Which means there's more time for the flight to be disrupted.....

Oh well, back to worrying... :scared:

Sue
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Got that wrong. Add another two hours to the arrival because I forgot the time difference for WA. Which means there's more time for the flight to be disrupted.....

Sue
I doubt the airport will be closed, unless a big thunderstorm is directly overhead.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:28 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Sue
I would stop worrying if I were you, its currently 13.28 and the weather is "gusty" at best, just like a windy day in October in the UK, definitely nothing to close any airports, the odd wheelie bin has blown over, and to my knowledge that is the full extent of any 'damage'.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I would stop worrying if I were you, its currently 13.28 and the weather is "gusty" at best, just like a windy day in October in the UK, definitely nothing to close any airports, the odd wheelie bin has blown over, and to my knowledge that is the full extent of any 'damage'.
I'll try.... If some kind soul could reassure me from time to time that WA hasn't blown away, I'd be grateful. I'll stop worrying once I know the plane has landed safely!

"Worryguts" is my middle name, btw...

Sue
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:44 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

9pm is when they say its going to be at its worst. Its going to be a busy day tomorrow.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:34 am
aussie73

Don't worry Perth is'nt about to become the next New Orleans.

Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Its been a bit dull and drizzly today and a wee bit chilly but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

No worries here
Ali
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:20 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliMay
Its been a bit dull and drizzly today and a wee bit chilly but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

No worries here
Ali
nowt much here either (Leeming) although they are saying it will hit later, bit windy thou.

hope it waits till the missus gets home
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

I spoke too soon. The winds got up now. Batten down the hatches.
Ali

Originally Posted by walla1
nowt much here either (Leeming) although they are saying it will hit later, bit windy thou.

hope it waits till the missus gets home
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:05 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliMay
I spoke too soon. The winds got up now. Batten down the hatches.
Ali

aye, we now have the rain and big winds and the missus on the freeway.....
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
aye, we now have the rain and big winds and the missus on the freeway.....
PMSL sorry. know what you mean and not funny but first reading
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:12 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by moneypen20
PMSL sorry. know what you mean and not funny but first reading
you know what the funniest thing is?

we have a dual range 4x4 motor which obviously helps if put into 4x4 in the wet, she says she's scared to use 4x4

now that's funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.