The Wet Season

Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:37 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Wet Season

Well it is the wet season, though we haven't really seen much of the monsoon rains yet. We had a bit of a shower pass over Darwin this aft. Mrs M took this pic from our balcony.
Attached Thumbnails The Wet Season-shower.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all
Default Re: The Wet Season

Originally Posted by wmoore
Well it is the wet season, though we haven't really seen much of the monsoon rains yet. We had a bit of a shower pass over Darwin this aft. Mrs M took this pic from our balcony.
Nice piccie If our day is anything to go by I think they may be working their way up to you from the central QLD coast. Rained all day and everything is bloomin wet but I ain't complaining.

Mx
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:50 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Nice piccie If our day is anything to go by I think they may be working their way up to you from the central QLD coast. Rained all day and everything is bloomin wet but I ain't complaining.

Mx
This was literally just a shower - though showers here tend to be bloody heavy. It passed over in about 20-30 mins but not until it rumbled a bit and flashed some lightning about. We're in a large low pressure zone at the moment and there's a chance of a cyclone this weekend
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:02 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that's fabulous.

It looks like this outside our place right now, so you're not the only one with rain...

No monsoon here though... just grey drizzle. (Should keep the folk in the UK happy, right? )
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Just had a gentle sprinkle pass through Cairns

WW
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Just had a gentle sprinkle pass through Cairns

WW
Keep your personal habits to yourself!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
Keep your personal habits to yourself!
I try but it's all out in the gutter now Megalitres of the stuff

I've got to go and collect 2 people and dont if I should take the car or the boat!

WW
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Just a pair of gumboots should do it, and a shot gun for the water snakes.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Clapping thunder, dazzling lightening, torrential heavy rain.

Wonder when the wet season will arrive

Ooooooo.....just seen a car go buy with a sail on his roof.
Wondering if it's the Wombat.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:16 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
I don't live there so i can't comment, and i love the piccies. But we are seriously looking at Cairns to live in.
Now I know hot and humid is great on holiday but how debilitating is it to live and work in?
I know every one is different but i would really love anyones personal experience
REgards
Nicky
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Clapping thunder, dazzling lightening, torrential heavy rain.

Wonder when the wet season will arrive

Ooooooo.....just seen a car go buy with a sail on his roof.
Wondering if it's the Wombat.
I felt quiet safe driving with the lifejacket on

I dont know how you could have seen me Bix with the vis the way it was!

The thought of rigging just jib and main did cross my mind. The spinnaker would have needed a someone up the pointy end.

The trip out to Cairns' new flying boat base was in vane. The other half left soggy Townsville to come home but has returned to Townsville due to the storm

Oh well.

WW
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thewoodz
Hi All
I don't live there so i can't comment, and i love the piccies. But we are seriously looking at Cairns to live in.
Now I know hot and humid is great on holiday but how debilitating is it to live and work in?
I know every one is different but i would really love anyones personal experience
REgards
Nicky
Search the forum on Cairns.

You adjust quite quickly. Obviously it is easier to acclimatise if you arrive for autumn (I think we have one??). You also the best weather for the greater part of the year. The wet is just different.

Houses & cars are AC'd.

WW
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I felt quiet safe driving with the lifejacket on

I dont know how you could have seen me Bix with the vis the way it was!

The thought of rigging just jib and main did cross my mind. The spinnaker would have needed a someone up the pointy end.

The trip out to Cairns' new flying boat base was in vane. The other half left soggy Townsville to come home but has returned to Townsville due to the storm

Oh well.

WW
Sorry to hear that
I understand Townsville is officially cut off.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by thewoodz
Hi All
REgards
Nicky
Aye Nicky. It is very surprising how quickly you acclimatise.
After the first year it's not the same again.

No-one ever acclimatises to the real heavy humidity but you learn to live with it for the short time it's here.

You get to the stage where anything below 25 is getting nippy

Cairns has one of the most constant temperature ranges in Aus. It doesn't swing about a lot from day to day.

Depends what your work is but if it's indoors almost certainly there will be AC.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Sorry to hear that
I understand Townsville is officially cut off.
Apparently having done laps around Trinity Bay for a while waiting for the storm to abate, the pilot decided to return to Townsville to refuel.

She's about to reboard and try again.

Hopefully they'll take off before the storm hits Townsville. A least the weather radar for Townsville looks better at the mo.

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.