Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

is it correct that job finding agencies post unreal advertisment?

is it correct that job finding agencies post unreal advertisment?

Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice
Default is it correct that job finding agencies post unreal advertisment?

Hi
I heard that job finding agencies post unreal job advertisement but I can not understand whether it is true or not and it is true, why they are doing this?

thanks
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:33 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it correct that job finding agencies post unreal advertisment?

It happens, and I am told it happens so the agencies can increase their database of candidates, but I really doubt they need to do that in the current economic climate.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I am not sure but both my husband and I (independant of each other) went into a recruitment agent in Leeds and asked about a job in the window at least on about 10 different occasions we were told "that particular job has just this minute been filled" or words to that effect. Now we may both be incredibly unlucky in our timing or something dodgy is going on?

Another coincedence is whenevr I walk past a recruitment agent I notice the jobs always seem to be asking for the same type of "general skilled" person. Everywhere all over the country......coincedence???

Last edited by seayork2002; Feb 7th 2009 at 9:47 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:44 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work for a recruitment company, a big multinational one, and its standard practice in the industry to advertise jobs that done exist - like seasider said, it increases the companies database of staff. when we used to do presentations at tender, we could honestly say we had X number of staff qualified to do XX and who could start straight away. (well, X number of application forms sat in the in-tray waiting to be processed when the time was right!!)

you then cacked your pants that you didnt get the tender cos you knew that you didnt have nearly enough staff to fill the posts ... but a thats business for ya!!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt be in the least bit surprised. Many advertised jobs in Aus arent real - some organizations are obliged by law to advertise but in fact the position will be filled by whoever is acting in the position anyway (many of them are groomed to take over and have experience that no one can top). Job agencies need to keep their numbers up so hook people in whichever way they can.