Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Victoria Fires, Coles Profits

Victoria Fires, Coles Profits

Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:17 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Victoria Fires, Coles Profits

My husband just sent this to me from work.

If you shop at Coles this Friday they will donate the profits to the fire victims. I regularly shop there so I'll be making sure I stock up on Friday.

http://www.coles.com.au/about/news/d...eal%20Fund.pdf
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria Fires, Coles Profits

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread.

I got a text from a friend telling me that Coles have promised to donate all of their profits on Friday to the 'firies appeal'.

When I told my OH, he said that he'd heard that on the radio.

I will be shopping at Coles on Friday, buying as much non-perishable stuff as I can store, T roll, K roll, tea bags, sugar, etc, and as much meat as I can freeze, plus my weekend shop.

I don't care how long the check out queues are, I will be filling two trolleys.

Just thought... I will fill my car up with fuel too!

We have already donated via the internet, and I've delivered bedding, clothing and toys, to the Salvos.

This is just another tiny way that we can help those in need in Victoria.

M xxx

Just wish we could give blood, :-(

Last edited by Machiavelli; Feb 10th 2009 at 9:17 am. Reason: mentioning blood donations
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria Fires, Coles Profits

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
My apologies if this is a duplicate thread.

I got a text from a friend telling me that Coles have promised to donate all of their profits on Friday to the 'firies appeal'.

When I told my OH, he said that he'd heard that on the radio.

I will be shopping at Coles on Friday, buying as much non-perishable stuff as I can store, T roll, K roll, tea bags, sugar, etc, and as much meat as I can freeze, plus my weekend shop.

I don't care how long the check out queues are, I will be filling two trolleys.

Just thought... I will fill my car up with fuel too!

We have already donated via the internet, and I've delivered bedding, clothing and toys, to the Salvos.

This is just another tiny way that we can help those in need in Victoria.

M xxx

Just wish we could give blood, :-(
woolworths are doing it on saturday if anyone misses coles on friday.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catch
Thanks for that!

Hopefully we will all spend Friday and Saturday in Coles and Woolworths!

M xxx
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch

Also worth noting is that woolies are also donating their profits on Friday 20th Feb to the farmers.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:17 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Why do these companies have to advertise the fact that they are donating and why do they have to say how much they are donating ? Why can't they just give the money silently ? All large companies have a charity budget already. It just smacks of an opportunity of free advertising and cheapens the whole thing
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Does it really matter as long as they give money? At the end of it, they didn't have to do anything but at least they are doing something instead instead of tutting and giving platitudes. I must say I too am a cynic normally, but I do think it's a case of needs must sometimes.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice

Of course it matters that they publicise the day as much as possible,
the more people who shop on the designated day ,the more profit they make therefore more money for the appeal.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:49 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Does it really matter as long as they give money? At the end of it, they didn't have to do anything but at least they are doing something instead instead of tutting and giving platitudes. I must say I too am a cynic normally, but I do think it's a case of needs must sometimes.
They could just give a donation (a days profit) without trying to get cheap publicity/advertising out of it. Its called respect/dignity etc.

It doesn't really matter where you shop as both Coles and Woollies are donating Friday's profit.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
They could just give a donation (a days profit) without trying to get cheap publicity/advertising out of it. Its called respect/dignity etc.

It doesn't really matter where you shop as both Coles and Woollies are donating Friday's profit.
I disagree, if they just use a normal day's profit then it will not be as much. Yes ok, so they get some publicity, but they will also be able to donate far more money this way. The more money that can be donated the better - surely that's got to be a good thing?

Rudi
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:16 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rudi
I disagree, if they just use a normal day's profit then it will not be as much. Yes ok, so they get some publicity, but they will also be able to donate far more money this way. The more money that can be donated the better - surely that's got to be a good thing?

Rudi
If Coles/Woolies really want to help why don't they donate Saturday's (probably the busiest day) profits ?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
If Coles/Woolies really want to help why don't they donate Saturday's (probably the busiest day) profits ?
Because this way, they get to donate more. I know I am not alone in saving my shopping now until Friday.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:40 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rudi
Because this way, they get to donate more. I know I am not alone in saving my shopping now until Friday.
So you think more people shop on Friday instead of Saturday ? If they donated Saturday's profits then people wouldn't need to change their shopping day !

Last edited by BAY; Feb 11th 2009 at 12:51 am.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

dpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy
Also worth noting is that woolies are also donating their profits on Friday 20th Feb to the farmers.
If they paid them a fair price for their produce in the first place they wouldn't need to be donating to help the farmers. It's a cheap pubilicity stunt to help them look good trying to address a problem which they largely contributed to in the first place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.