Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which BE members would you like to wash and wax your car?

Which BE members would you like to wash and wax your car?

Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Which BE members would you like to wash and wax your car?

I am going to do my first ever car wash today, I have a bucket, some soapy type stuff, wax and everything. I don't know where to begin and am tempted to do it in a bikini (only joking)

Or should I ask two of the guys from BE to come and wash my car with me in it, they can wear a nice G string to keep their meat and two veggies in. I vote Soapy and Kporte to do it, well actually I might add Amazulu and Call me Al as well.

If you had to choose someone from BE to wash and wax your car, who would you choose? Keep in mind they will have to wear skimpy attire in order to do the job.

Now boys, get your wax and wash stuff ready, the car is in the driveway and there will be tips in it!

Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which BE members would you like to wash and wax your car?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am going to do my first ever car wash today, I have a bucket, some soapy type stuff, wax and everything. I don't know where to begin and am tempted to do it in a bikini (only joking)

Or should I ask two of the guys from BE to come and wash my car with me in it, they can wear a nice G string to keep their meat and two veggies in. I vote Soapy and Kporte to do it, well actually I might add Amazulu and Call me Al as well.

If you had to choose someone from BE to wash and wax your car, who would you choose? Keep in mind they will have to wear skimpy attire in order to do the job.

Now boys, get your wax and wash stuff ready, the car is in the driveway and there will be tips in it!

you wouldnt wanna see me in a g string. im bad enogh with clothes on lol
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
Come on now Soapy, get yourself changed and find Kporte, the car wont wash itself.

Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

What did STW stand for again?

edit: Just searched the forum for STW
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:13 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Soapy would defintely be useful for the waxing part as there is no way in the world that kind of shine on your head is possible without a bit of spit and polish.

Kporte for the detailing part, as he could put that vacuum between his ears to good use.

I would probably just bring my own foam as I have plenty built up now from the mental image of PP in a G-Banger.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to receive so much crap for this......hopefully this post will be read and received in the manner in which it is posted...

I'm your man, Sam.

My new Saab...cough - my 23 year Saab has had what can only be desribed as a bit of a pamper a few weeks ago and again yesterday (removing years of neglect and a few bits of surface corrosion here and there).

I am a dab hand - literally - at washing, cutting, polishing and waxing cars...

My wife's car is so dirty (and left out) I have promised to help the girls do hers when she gets back.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:02 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Soapy's Car Wash.....
Attached Thumbnails Which BE members would you like to wash and wax your car?-image011.jpg  
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I am going to receive so much crap for this......hopefully this post will be read and received in the manner in which it is posted...

I'm your man, Sam.

My new Saab...cough - my 23 year Saab has had what can only be desribed as a bit of a pamper a few weeks ago and again yesterday (removing years of neglect and a few bits of surface corrosion here and there).

I am a dab hand - literally - at washing, cutting, polishing and waxing cars...

My wife's car is so dirty (and left out) I have promised to help the girls do hers when she gets back.
Well I am ashamed to admit that I have never washed a car in my life.

Some nice tips would be good

You wet it and soap it first, rinse and then wax? That is purely guessing

Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

just so I am clear, you are definitely talking about cars, right?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:41 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

We've needed a serious thread like this for a while
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am ashamed to admit that I have never washed a car in my life.

Some nice tips would be good

You wet it and soap it first, rinse and then wax? That is purely guessing

Basically.

i) Use 2 buckets of water - one for rising, the other for soap. If my 2 year old daughter gets it, so can you! Don't use household detergents in case they have salt additives.

ii) Without hoses (water restrictions) it's hard to rinse. Have a cloth ready to dry and remove streaks. Clean soft cloths. Old cotton jammies.

iii) Be careful not to scratch the car with any cloth you might be using at any point, what ever you are using it for. The cloth must be dry - you will streak and dull the paint and you will know about it. If you were retentive with your bowel movements as a child etc you will use all manner of cloths - don't stress over it.

iv) Polishing* (waxing in your case) requires that the car be dry. You must do this in the shade - watch out for the Perth sun. Use one cloth to put on. Use another to rub off. If you are smart you could get away with using a corner for each one. Did I say dry cloths?

*A polish adds to the metal I guess.
A wax imparts a waterproof shell and shine. Looks ally as hell. In theory you need do this a few times a year but once a month will give you a shiny car. Some people spunk the wax over their car quickly at the car wash but don't really polish it up. Your choice.

A cutting agent (which vary in abrasiveness depending on what you are trying to achieve) take off a little surface to remove spirals, light scratches/corrosion/oxidation) and you could start with this - but just a wash and a wax will serve you well.

If I was in Perth I'd demo it for you but I'm not so I can't.

B
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on now Soapy, get yourself changed and find Kporte, the car wont wash itself.

What an image eh ladies of BE!! We have enough trouble fending of the ladies just now, me and Soapy will have to pass PP!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:44 am

Basically.

i) Use 2 buckets of water - one for rising, the other for soap. If my 2 year old daughter gets it, so can you! Don't use household detergents in case they have salt additives.

ii) Without hoses (water restrictions) it's hard to rinse. Have a cloth ready to dry and remove streaks. Clean soft cloths. Old cotton jammies.

iii) Be careful not to scratch the car with any cloth you might be using at any point, what ever you are using it for. The cloth must be dry - you will streak and dull the paint and you will know about it. If you were retentive with your bowel movements as a child etc you will use all manner of cloths - don't stress over it.

iv) Polishing* (waxing in your case) requires that the car be dry. You must do this in the shade - watch out for the Perth sun. Use one cloth to put on. Use another to rub off. If you are smart you could get away with using a corner for each one. Did I say dry cloths?

*A polish adds to the metal I guess.
A wax imparts a waterproof shell and shine. Looks ally as hell. In theory you need do this a few times a year but once a month will give you a shiny car. Some people spunk the wax over their car quickly at the car wash but don't really polish it up. Your choice.

A cutting agent (which vary in abrasiveness depending on what you are trying to achieve) take off a little surface to remove spirals, light scratches/corrosion/oxidation) and you could start with this - but just a wash and a wax will serve you well.

If I was in Perth I'd demo it for you but I'm not so I can't.

B

I am going to do it tomorrow, I need to hoover inside of it as well. I might take a walk to the bottle shop and get a couple of bottles of chilled Magners - I only live a few mins away, would you like anything?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Soapy's Car Wash.....
thats me
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:45 am

thats me
Can I just say that I do love my little car - I might just take a photo of it and put it up in the front room in a 'family portrait'.

How can you love a car? I have always wondered and now I know. Go on admit it everyone, who loves their car, who has named their car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.