Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tropical Cyclone Kate, is it going to stay out at sea???

Tropical Cyclone Kate, is it going to stay out at sea???

Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:53 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tropical Cyclone Kate, is it going to stay out at sea???

Need to rename this thread to Ex Cyclone Kate.......sh'e deed.....for the time being anyways
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:52 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
OK found you next to Rockhampton... yes like the look of some of the costal property but then you notice it is at sea level and think it just takes a good storm not a tsunami to wreck them.

Hills is starting to look more and more appealing but even then they have storm problems and often greater lightening and fire risk... :scared: .
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Brisbane is at or below sea level - is that right?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:22 am
Just Joined

armorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And we still have water restrictions. Why do they moan about 85% when obviously 100% would be dangerous and unwanted.
if you think that is weird .... I've just woken up to GMTV breakfast news telling me that there is likely to be a hosepipe ban put in place!!!!!

It's the bl**dy middle of February ... we have had nothing BUT rain since last September. God help this country if it ever had to experience a real sunny spell.

Given the amount of rainfall - we should be exporting the stuff!!!!! It once again proves how the fat cats in Britain - through privatisation have been allowed to continue to drag this country down hill.

And will the UK taxpayer continue to stand for it? Sure they will. We're British. Sh*t on us and we'll apologise for it.

God I love what has become of England.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tropical Cyclone Kate, is it going to stay out at sea???

Originally Posted by armorris007
if you think that is weird .... I've just woken up to GMTV breakfast news telling me that there is likely to be a hosepipe ban put in place!!!!!

It's the bl**dy middle of February ... we have had nothing BUT rain since last September.
We haven't had much rain down South!!!

Sometimes I think it seems it rains a lot when you get drizzly grey days but the actual preciptation in mm is not very much.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:21 am
Just Joined

armorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
We haven't had much rain down South!!!

Sometimes I think it seems it rains a lot when you get drizzly grey days but the actual preciptation in mm is not very much.

Cheers

Buzzy
"not very much" is a very subjective term. I accept that perhaps this winter we've had less rain than normal (even 'Up Norf'). However, my point its that our infrastructure should be able to cope with this. Relatively speaking - not much rain to you is probably the equivalent of a Tsunami reaching Alice Springs!

Just because we Brits are told that we need X amount of rain - doesn't mean we should accept that.

The fact is that our infrastructure is designed to require X amount of rain and if that much rain doesn't fall they call it a drought.

However X is probably a very high number - where in real terms if we had twice as many Dams say-we would only need half of X.

It's all down to a resource hungry growing population and lack of investment.

I just wonder how much more abuse from 60+++ million people this little Island of ours can take.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:34 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
we have no risk of fire......as the trees are way up the hill, got a really good plot and still has a small sea view
Sounds just like what we want are you selling???
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:30 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by armorris007

It's the bl**dy middle of February ... we have had nothing BUT rain since last September. God help this country if it ever had to experience a real sunny spell.

Given the amount of rainfall - we should be exporting the stuff!!!!! It once again proves how the fat cats in Britain - through privatisation have been allowed to continue to drag this country down hill.

And will the UK taxpayer continue to stand for it? Sure they will. We're British. Sh*t on us and we'll apologise for it.

God I love what has become of England.
I don't feel as bad about the threat of a Aus hose pipe ban if the UK are doing it, at least it's sunny here... .
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
Sounds just like what we want are you selling???

if the price is right lol