Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Man killed on London's Crossrail job

Man killed on London's Crossrail job

Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man killed on London's Crossrail job

On Friday my husband told me that all work on the Crossrail job he works on had been stopped, one of his work colleagues had been killed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/crossrail-c...ncrete-1439326

My husband was quite shook-up and upset as he does that particular job.

We are still waiting to hear more, we don't know whose fault it was yet, if anybody's.

My heart goes out to the guys family.

It could have been me hearing that news, you just never know what is around the corner of life.

So lesson learned from this, is never take anything for granted.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man killed on London's Crossrail job

I remember when one of our blokes got killed on the CTRL, it totally knocks the guts out of everyone on site, heart goes out to the family.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I remember when one of our blokes got killed on the CTRL, it totally knocks the guts out of everyone on site, heart goes out to the family.
I worked on that project for a while

A French sparky was killed in Kent (his fault basically) and that was very sad
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. It's sad.

I bet when the original London Tube was first constructed there must of been a lot of fatal casualties.
The guys back then did everything by hand, the whole London Tube system was dug out by hand. I think about that every time I go down there, it never ceases to amaze me.

Apparently there was another guy killed last week on a Crossrail site but because he wasn't working directly for Crossrail it hasn't made headlines. I think it was on the DLR track, something to do with a digger.

Two deaths in the space of two weeks won't go down well.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I worked on that project for a while

A French sparky was killed in Kent (his fault basically) and that was very sad
that's exactly the one I was thinking of, very sad indeed, 2 young kids and wife