Chippie - Brisbane

Old Apr 27th 2015, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chippie - Brisbane

I was feeling in the mood for some fish and chips (like from back home) on the weekend and after some extensive research (asking people on Facebook) I was pointed in the direction of Chumley Warners in Birkdale, I headed down there and it did not disappoint! Anyone know of any other hidden gems? I also seen there was a British style curry place near so I'm thinking of checking that out too.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chippie - Brisbane

The curry place is in the same precinct as Chumley Warners and it's pretty damned good.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chippie - Brisbane

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
I was feeling in the mood for some fish and chips (like from back home) on the weekend and after some extensive research (asking people on Facebook) I was pointed in the direction of Chumley Warners in Birkdale, I headed down there and it did not disappoint! Anyone know of any other hidden gems? I also seen there was a British style curry place near so I'm thinking of checking that out too.
Christies Too, in Wooloowin on the northside in pretty good. They do fantastic fish and chips, very similar to those back home, although they aren't a "British" chip shop so they don't do the curry sauce etc.

I used to rate O'Connors in Windsor, but have been disappointed with them ever since they changed hands last year. Gave them one last go last week, chips were cold, batter tasteless, such a shame as they used to be fantastic.