That speech?

Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default That speech?

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we are,"

"We are Queenslanders."

"We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

“We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."

opinions people?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:41 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That speech?

Originally Posted by soapy©
"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we are,"

"We are Queenslanders."

opinions people?
Chumbawamba fan?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

"We are Queenslanders."

opinions people?

It was the "standing shoulder to shoulder" that got me, and the "the dark days". I'm surprised there wasn't a "moving forward" thrown in for good measure.

Not meaning to mock situation but the customary rolling out of the cliches does test the old gag reflex.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Chumbawamba fan?

come on what did yae think pal, now be honest
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
It was the "standing shoulder to shoulder" that got me, and the "the dark days". I'm surprised there wasn't a "moving forward" thrown in for good measure.

Not meaning to mock situation but the customary rolling out of the cliches does test the old gag reflex.
it can do. but if you make people believe in something it can help
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:49 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

come on what did yae think pal, now be honest
Ok if I'm honest, what I usually do in these situations is roll my eyes and mutter something like "oh here we go, the embarrassing bullshit twee".
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It was not so much the words she uttered but how she delivered them and I found it very sincere and uplifting.

A politician showing emotion? Can it be true?

I have run her down no end as QLD premier but credit where it's due. She is performing magnificently in this turmoil and under what must be tremendous pressure.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

Ok if I'm honest, what I usually do in these situations is roll my eyes and mutter something like "oh here we go, the embarrassing bullshit twee".
me too. i would doubt if she wrote it. but i thought it was a fantastic uplifting speech
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
It was not so much the words she uttered but how she delivered them and I found it very sincere and uplifting.

I have run her down no end as QLD premier but credit where it's due. She is performing magnificently in this turmoil and under what must be tremendous pressure.
i have to agree with every word you said there bix. she bugs the shit oota me, but i think she has been stunning and came accross very honest most of the time
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Oh the power of the media image. Who cares if she cries. I doubt she lost anything in the kerfuffle and she wont be the one shovelling up the mess.
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't avoid the question SC.

That may be what you usually do but is that actually what you thought this time?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

You were supposed to be moved to tears.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Agreed.

Oh the power of the media image. Who cares if she cries. I doubt she lost anything in the kerfuffle and she wont be the one shovelling up the mess.
Had the flood gone to the levels they were anticipating, her home would have been underwater and her mother's was. Give her her due, she's been out and about and it would appear working bloody long hours. Both her and Newman have been excellent 'heads' to my mind.

As for that Julia Gillard, as I said to someone on FB, if I found her doing her Funeral Director bit 'shoulder to shoulder' with me, I'd lump her with a saucepan.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

to be honest i think shes working hard enough. i wouldnt want the pressure she has right now.

everyone was raving about rudd the fud lifting a bit of furniture for the cameras. its a bit like kissing kids for the telly.

i like the fact that she hasnt been all dolled up like ginger nut has every time she appears
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't avoid the question SC.

That may be what you usually do but is that actually what you thought this time?
ok you got me!

Yes I do actually agree with what you just said in the post above. She appears to be very sincere, natural and genuine. Long may it continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.