British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Severe Weather - ACT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/severe-weather-act-878479/)

old.sparkles Jun 6th 2016 12:37 am

Severe Weather - ACT

No specific warnings in place for ACT - Australian Capital Territory Warnings Summary

but the area is also being affected by the east coast storms.

Sad news that the body of a woman has been found in the Cotton River nr Canberra :(

Please do not drive into flood waters - stay safe everyone :fingerscrossed:

scrubbedexpat098 Jun 6th 2016 12:52 am

Re: Severe Weather - ACT

Sod the ACT lol, we've been pounded in the Illawara, 3 days of unrelenting high winds and rain that Noah would've been warned about. Love Australia :)

old.sparkles Jun 6th 2016 1:12 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 11965838)
Sod the ACT lol, we've been pounded in the Illawara, 3 days of unrelenting high winds and rain that Noah would've been warned about. Love Australia :)

Yeah I have posted an NSW thread - evacuation warnings in place for some regions. This storm has definitely given the east coast a pounding :(

quoll Jun 6th 2016 8:44 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11965832)
No specific warnings in place for ACT - Australian Capital Territory Warnings Summary

but the area is also being affected by the east coast storms.

Sad news that the body of a woman has been found in the Cotton River nr Canberra :(

Please do not drive into flood waters - stay safe everyone :fingerscrossed:

Think it was a bloke in the Cotter - he had been trying to drive across the river, got stuck then washed away and his ute flipped over. Sounds like a really wet weekend!

moneypenny20 Jun 6th 2016 9:46 am

Too many ****ing idiots who don't think 'If it's flooded, forget it' doesn't refer to them. There's a video going around where some morons drive their Land Cruiser down a flooded road on purpose. Shame they made it through. :mad:

Alfresco Jun 7th 2016 7:42 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11966089)
Too many ****ing idiots who don't think 'If it's flooded, forget it' doesn't refer to them. There's a video going around where some morons drive their Land Cruiser down a flooded road on purpose. Shame they made it through. :mad:

They should get a hefty fine and points off their licence.

scrubbedexpat098 Jun 7th 2016 8:49 am

I've got my wife and daughter not talking to me now for tearing into my daughter over her king dumb decision to drive 50k to her boyfriends house (from work, past our house, after an offer from her boss of a bed for the night at his mum's house) in some of the worst of it. For me, the SES don't say this for no reason, but according to the two women in my house, it was no biggy because it was dying down a bit. In this case my wife and daughter are a pair of ****ing idiots, and none of you will get any argument from me for concurring. Aint I a wanker for pointing it out to them?

moneypenny20 Jun 7th 2016 8:54 am

In this case my wife and daughter are a pair of ****ing idiots, and none of you will get any argument from me for concurring. Aint I a wanker for pointing it out to them?
Yes they are and no you're not. They only now know it was dying down. They didn't then. Surprised at your wife.

scrubbedexpat098 Jun 7th 2016 11:10 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11967078)
Yes they are and no you're not. They only now know it was dying down. They didn't then. Surprised at your wife.

Me too, I went off my nut haha. Had a chat with my daughter this morming about it, but apparently because no accidents happened I was getting worried about nothing. On the verge of giving up trying haha

quoll Jun 7th 2016 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 11967169)
Me too, I went off my nut haha. Had a chat with my daughter this morming about it, but apparently because no accidents happened I was getting worried about nothing. On the verge of giving up trying haha

Don't blame you! Warnings apply to everyone else obviously!