Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ

Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ

Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry, was too busy at work to do anywhere else - I can copy and post the Queensland ones straight from our own emails, but other states take more time
Wasn't chiding you Polly, just wondering. Thanks for the links- I use the Terrey Hills radar loop as my main info- it is on my favourites list!! I live about 3km from it too.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Jan 30th 2016 at 10:08 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Wasn't chiding you Polly, just wondering. Thanks for the links- I use the Terrey Hills radar loop as my main info- it is on my favourites list!! I live about 3km from it too.
Would be good if I could keep all the warnings coming onto here, but work does get in the way!!

If yu have a smartphone look at getting Weatherzone Plus - costs a few dollars but you can set it up so that when the Bureau issues a warning it gets sent to your phone
Old Jan 31st 2016, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good if I could keep all the warnings coming onto here, but work does get in the way!!

If yu have a smartphone look at getting Weatherzone Plus - costs a few dollars but you can set it up so that when the Bureau issues a warning it gets sent to your phone
I don't have a smartphone and never turn my mobile on, but as I am usually in the house with the computer or TV on, then it is not necessary.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 2:45 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

First lot of storms firing up very quickly due to the heat, Ipswichheading for the coast, and around Esk, so far........

Keep yer eyes and ears open........
Attached Thumbnails Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ-capture.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2016, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

First lot of storms firing up very quickly due to the heat, Ipswichheading for the coast, and around Esk, so far........

Keep yer eyes and ears open........
Nothing here so far.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Nothing here so far.
The were some nasty cells to the north and south of the city but they've gone offshore. Seems the gympie ara and further nirth into the central coast has the worst of it again. However those cells may keep poppiing up in odd places for the next couple of days, and they are appearing too quickly for a warning to go out before they hit, so keep yer eyes peeled and yer waterproofs ready
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The were some nasty cells to the north and south of the city but they've gone offshore. Seems the gympie ara and further nirth into the central coast has the worst of it again. However those cells may keep poppiing up in odd places for the next couple of days, and they are appearing too quickly for a warning to go out before they hit, so keep yer eyes peeled and yer waterproofs ready
I will be checking the radar for sure.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:36 am
Home and Happy

I will be checking the radar for sure.
Bunch of cells cropped up, straight to red and already heading off the coast from Kilcoyish, north of Brisbane before the warning could get out, All in the time it took me to post that last reply and check the radar again! Very active up there!
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bunch of cells cropped up, straight to red and already heading off the coast from Kilcoyish, north of Brisbane before the warning could get out, All in the time it took me to post that last reply and check the radar again! Very active up there!
Having a look...
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 7:51 am
Home and Happy

Having a look...
Hope yer still looking.....no specific south-east warning yet but its on its way......
Attached Thumbnails Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ-capture.jpg   Severe Thunderstorms - Brisbane/SEQ-capture.jpg2.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope yer still looking.....no specific south-east warning yet but its on its way......
We got a soaking last night. My patio got drenched. Time for a new patio roof methinks.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 7:09 am
Home and Happy

We got a soaking last night. My patio got drenched. Time for a new patio roof methinks.
Ooops! It did look a bit heavy over your way.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Jadecat88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope y'all are alright, we missed it in Melbourne
Old Feb 4th 2016, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jadecat88
Hope y'all are alright, we missed it in Melbourne
Yep, all good thanks. I moved to the front of the house.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Yep, all good thanks. I moved to the front of the house.
further from the bar?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.