Roleystone fire

Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roleystone fire

Stay safe y"all xxxx
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:49 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

and thats the 4th plume gone - yay - one more to go Visibilty is up as well.

Hope the folk at Roleystone are doing OK - I'm hearing that 20+ homes have been lost.

And that theres a new fire in Chittering

Last edited by Vegemite Kids; Feb 6th 2011 at 8:51 am.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:04 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure i saw a fire by the zig zag this morning?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Even way up here in Butler I can smell the fires.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:27 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Yay - FESA have just downgraded the City of Swan from an Emergency Warning to a Watch and Act - and the 5th plume is gone.

So far no reports of property damage Looks like my neighbouring shire has dodged a bullet.

Roleystone is still on Emergency Warning they are now saying up to 35 homes lost or damaged

Upper Chittering is now on a Watch and Act Hope it doesnt go to a Warning

Last edited by Vegemite Kids; Feb 6th 2011 at 9:29 am.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

just read the Perth Now news - that picture of the two boys totally distraught and yelling at their father that they have to evacuate is completely heart wrenching, yet again they are investigating arson. People like Renth () are yet again risking their own safety to help those poor people and their properties, my heart goes out to all concerned. 35 houses have been lost so far with up to 120 damaged and the fire is still going
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:43 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to all over there, one of my first memories living out here was watching a fire in the distance ... I was absolutely clueless then and don't mind admitting being terrified.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Hope everyone stays safe!!

The smell of smoke here last night was really strong, had to shut all the windows. Not so bad today although it was very fairly strong over at Joondalup early & the smoke in the sky for very obvious.

Again stay safe!

Alison x
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

They are just saying that there may be up to 60 houses gone
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

The smell of smoke is so strong in my house. Does anyone know if the fire has affected Martin, which is near Roleystone and Mills road east? I have friends up that way and I am also wondering if the guys at the bird rescue place (old cohunu wildlife park) have evacuated the birds.

They say the fire was started by a grinder being used
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The smell of smoke is so strong in my house. Does anyone know if the fire has affected Martin, which is near Roleystone and Mills road east? I have friends up that way and I am also wondering if the guys at the bird rescue place (old cohunu wildlife park) have evacuated the birds.

They say the fire was started by a grinder being used
easily done,seen it done before...some chaps i know strated a fire with a grinder,for them they were lucky the wind was blowing in their favour,it blew the fire up against the wall,didnt cause to much damage..the other way and they would of taken half of point walter golf course out...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

When I moved to Perth 8 years ago you never heard of houses going up, out houses yes.

This is the 2nd year with large numbers of houses getting hit.

I'm in the UK at the moment and am a bit concerned about my family but I think they'll be fine. In December I was over here again and there was a fire 600 yards from our house and I could do nothing but worry. So it's for everyone.

Keel
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:47 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe all you WA BE-ers
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:02 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
easily done,seen it done before...some chaps i know strated a fire with a grinder,for them they were lucky the wind was blowing in their favour,it blew the fire up against the wall,didnt cause to much damage..the other way and they would of taken half of point walter golf course out...
Yeah I should imagine it is easily done and I bet the poor guy that was using it is beating himself up, cant imagine how he is feeling

I really hope they get control of the fire, it stinks around where we are working, its amazing how the smoke can be smelt for miles and miles away. How awful it must be to lose your family home, everything you have worked for and I know homes can be rebuilt but to anyone that has lost everything, it must be devastating.

We could sure use some rain right now and lots of it.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:19 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yeah I should imagine it is easily done and I bet the poor guy that was using it is beating himself up, cant imagine how he is feeling

I really hope they get control of the fire, it stinks around where we are working, its amazing how the smoke can be smelt for miles and miles away. How awful it must be to lose your family home, everything you have worked for and I know homes can be rebuilt but to anyone that has lost everything, it must be devastating.

We could sure use some rain right now and lots of it.
An investigation by FESA, police and Western Power determined that a bushfire raqing out of control near Brigadoon started when high winds caused a tree branch to come into contact with electrical transmission infrastructure.
From Perthnow.com.au

So who's job is it to make sure no trees are near powerlines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.