This rain...QLD

Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This rain...QLD

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So why am I in jeans and thinking about getting a pair of socks out?
You're just weird

I have a scrub turkey PADDLING in the back garden
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're just weird

I have three chickens looking like drowned rats on the verandah trying to get in the house. At least I don't have beach/park/garden plans for Australia Day
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld

I escaped, sorry left Brisbane in Jan 09 and I remember plenty of prolonged rain spells.
Me too.

The media is driving me batty on this ' flood ' business.

Because we had a few dry years, they seem to have forgot SE qld is sub tropical and gets a wet season.

2/3 weeks of tropical torrential style rain is typical, and at the beginning of our time here, we had massive tropical storms 20/30 times a summer too. My kids were little then and they can remember massive storms, and wet wet summers, summer camps always washed out loads of photos of it and houses we were building swimming in water or storm felled trees crashed through the the roof

Storms were mainly early summer, Nov, dec then the wet period a few weeks in jan/feb.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:00 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're just weird

Well, I've been monitoring our creek out the back and right now it's higher than it was last year so this is my trigger to start getting a bit more serious.

The key difference being that more rain has fallen in our catchment during the last few days compared to the sustained barrage that the city/north got last year.

The question being, how high does it have to get before I get with bugging the SES about sandbags and the like? I think I'll err on the side of caution ...

I'm off to fashion a makeshift measuring device so I can see exactly how far it is rising/falling.

On the upside the fire danger is quite low
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

The media is driving me batty on this ' flood ' business.
The other day there was somebody on the radio claiming that only Australians (or specifically Queenslanders) could have coped with the floods.

No other country in the world would have done as well

They then used New Orleans as an example of an inability to cope

A bit of Brisbane getting flooded compared to a whole city flooded with massive loss of life....what planet are they on

I think it was Anna Bligh
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

The other day there was somebody on the radio claiming that only Australians (or specifically Queenslanders) could have coped with the floods.

A bit of Brisbane getting flooded compared to a whole city flooded with massive loss of life....what planet are they on

They do that with every disaster, event, occasion, war, rescue, drama, sporting event - zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only australia and australians can win, cope, befriend, clean up......

unique mateship, friendship.... and bullshite
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get rid of her in a couple of months and then we can look at Campbell Newman's wife pawing him constantly with her tongue in his ear - what a choice. Maybe you should throw your hat in the ring Grayling.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:08 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but nowhere else in the world exists, Ostrayins are special

Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
You can get rid of her in a couple of months and then we can look at Campbell Newman's wife pawing him constantly with her tongue in his ear - what a choice.
Talking of scary people in Oz politics

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226247325527

Picture says it all

Amusingly, he appeared in our small village ( now I sound like badge ) recently.

All I can say is fruit loop
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:15 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

If they could just tone it down a bit and not carry on about how unique we are we wouldn't look so silly.

They do that with every disaster, event, occasion, war, rescue, drama, sporting event - zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only australia and australians can win, cope, befriend, clean up......

unique mateship, friendship.... and bullshite
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:16 pm
Banned

He is scary in a lot of ways, not just to look at.

Picture says it all

Amusingly, he appeared in our small village ( now I sound like badge ) recently.

Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Picture says it all

Katter certainly is one scary character.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris955
He is scary in a lot of ways, not just to look at.

I love that picture Shows the sort of damage extreme sun can do to the ..... brain

Partner cracked up when he heard he was in the village, there was an invite for all to meet with him for tea rofl:. I cant stand the bloke so partner refused to stop the car in case I got into a 'debate' with him
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:03 pm
Banned

Well your village had it's very own idiot for awhile at least.

Partner cracked up when he heard he was in the village, there was an invite for all to meet with him for tea rofl:. I cant stand the bloke so partner refused to stop the car in case I got into a 'debate' with him
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Just saved the fire-fighting pump down by the dam from going under, I don't think it will be needed any time soon.

Got a measure on the creek and heading for the local SES for some sandbags.

It's either that or watch Australia score a Gazillion runs today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.