Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Queensland: Wettest September on record.

Queensland: Wettest September on record.

Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Queensland: Wettest September on record.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8096166/

Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland: Wettest September on record.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Its tipped to be quite a long wet season this year. Floods last season were pretty bad at west, yet it looks like we are in for more of the same. And judging by the active hurricane season in the US, we could be in for a few cyclones
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:57 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

You can probs blame it all on my lengthy family bringing in all the rain from Scotland
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of rain that fell in brisbane this month is less than it gets on average in each of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & Mar - so get used to it!

Meanwhile we had our coldest Sep for 16 years.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its tipped to be quite a long wet season this year. Floods last season were pretty bad at west, yet it looks like we are in for more of the same. And judging by the active hurricane season in the US, we could be in for a few cyclones
Should have stayed in the UK until it sorted itself out.

I thought Oz was getting hotter and drier due to global warming.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:01 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

How does that saying go?? Oh yeah.

Queensland : Beautiful One Day, Snorkeling The Next..
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Oz was getting hotter and drier due to global warming.
We lied. It's always a good line for getting more suckers into the place... keeps the taxes down don't ya know.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You can probs blame it all on my lengthy family bringing in all the rain from Scotland
It's all Polly's fault! She asked me to bring it before we came out.

Originally Posted by bcworld
The amount of rain that fell in brisbane this month is less than it gets on average in each of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & Mar - so get used to it!

Meanwhile we had our coldest Sep for 16 years.
I don't mind short bursts/downpours and then days of sunshine.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
How does that saying go?? Oh yeah.

Queensland : Beautiful One Day, Snorkeling The Next..
Changed it for a while.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
We lied. It's always a good line for getting more suckers into the place... keeps the taxes down don't ya know.
Yeah sure sounds like it. Should have gone to WA as originally planned.

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 30th 2010 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

How come they call it the sunshine state? 'cos every time I've been there it's been raining...
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's all Polly's fault! She asked me to bring it before we came out.

I need the overtime, I expect to have a very large bar bill to pay in a couple of weeks time........plus the delights of M&S and Boots and Waterstones ........
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by renth
How come they call it the sunshine state? 'cos every time I've been there it's been raining...
I suppose it's much like Florida.

I need the overtime, I expect to have a very large bar bill to pay in a couple of weeks time........plus the delights of M&S and Boots and Waterstones ........
Indeed you will.

Enjoy the shopping though.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:04 am
Home and Happy

Indeed you will.

Enjoy the shopping though.
got it well planned, drink at the start, then shop in the middle while sobering up, drink again at the end.......sober up on plane back here, straight back to work the next night

And if the Great God of Volcanic Eruptions could come out to play again

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 30th 2010 at 9:12 am.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:15 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

You do have it cushy at work, hands free to eat bijou snacks while modding BE AND reading books...
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by expatasia
You do have it cushy at work, hands free to eat bijou snacks while modding BE AND reading books...
I'm enjoying it while it lasts....this weeks storms are the start of the chaotic bit of the year, when I can go whole shifts without even turning on the laptop, never mind getting to look at BE I emerge at the end of shifts like that with terrible shakes, not cos of stress or lack of alcohol, but from BE withdrawal
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

got it well planned, drink at the start, then shop in the middle while sobering up, drink again at the end.......sober up on plane back here, straight back to work the next night

And if the Great God of Volcanic Eruptions could come out to play again
That's highly unlikely (read impossible) as we're not travelling at the same time as you, so don't even bother with travel insurance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.