Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth severe weather warning: just when you thought it was Spring.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
PMSL sorry. know what you mean and not funny but first reading
she's home and not on the freeway anymore
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Its a bit rough out here. Barragup near Mandurah.
Gale force winds, Thunder and lightening....very very frightening :scared:

Whisky
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:53 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
she's home and not on the freeway anymore
Phew Perthites can drive home safely now !
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:58 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

[Whats it like down in Perth now, and Bunbury? been windy as here most of the afternoon loads of sand in my house again from the beach just 2 days after but we have given the place a massive spring clean . we had also put the shade sale back up only 2 have to take it down again today and put away all the garden furniture. We have only just started getting the rain now.

Hoep all you guys further south are OK

Kala
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

It's madness!!!

Good job I couldn't afford a $2m ocean front home as I wouldn't bother with these winds. This rental is Ocean front and it's wild out there. Mr J and I moved downstairs quite some time ago due to the noise upstairs at the front. (What a funny sounding sentence that would read out of context )

Mrs J

PS Be cleaning windows again tomorrow. Salty wind plays havoc :scared:
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:08 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
It's madness!!!

Good job I couldn't afford a $2m ocean front home as I wouldn't bother with these winds. This rental is Ocean front and it's wild out there. Mr J and I moved downstairs quite some time ago due to the noise upstairs at the front. (What a funny sounding sentence that would read out of context )

Mrs J

PS Be cleaning windows again tomorrow. Salty wind plays havoc :scared:
I know just what you mean, I'm on the beach aswell, pain in the butt isn;t it when the wind is up, our beach was rebuilt last year claiming another 100 meters of land so all the sand is pretty loose and we couldn;t even go outside this afternoon because it was like a sand storm and was all blowing in our eyes.

It is absolutely lashing down now, which is great with the old tin roof sounds like we are in a shed.

Pretty exciting tho

Kala
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I know just what you mean, I'm on the beach aswell, pain in the butt isn;t it when the wind is up, our beach was rebuilt last year claiming another 100 meters of land so all the sand is pretty loose and we couldn;t even go outside this afternoon because it was like a sand storm and was all blowing in our eyes.

It is absolutely lashing down now, which is great with the old tin roof sounds like we are in a shed.

Pretty exciting tho

Kala
Hope you're ok up there. Have to say this wasn't something I was expecting over here. That's what happens if you don't find this forum until you are quite a way down the emigration route!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

AngnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

we couldn;t even go outside this afternoon because it was like a sand storm and was all blowing in our eyes.

Pretty exciting tho

Kala[/QUOTE]

We passed through Geraldton on Saturday, returning from Kalbarri and it was lovely.
There's a lot of wind and rain around Rockingham at the mo - no thunder and lightening yet though.
Bit of a downer for my sister though - her first visit from the uk. Advised her too come Jan/Feb next time!!!

Angie
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Hope you're ok up there. Have to say this wasn't something I was expecting over here. That's what happens if you don't find this forum until you are quite a way down the emigration route!

Oh, it's all good fun really you know. There have been tornado's too, and sometimes the storms last over an hour - brilliant light shows.
We still get more sunshine though, and hose pipe bans!!!

Angie
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

I hope the whales don't get washed away. I was looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.
ALi
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:37 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by AngnPaul
we couldn;t even go outside this afternoon because it was like a sand storm and was all blowing in our eyes.

Pretty exciting tho

Kala

We passed through Geraldton on Saturday, returning from Kalbarri and it was lovely.
There's a lot of wind and rain around Rockingham at the mo - no thunder and lightening yet though.
Bit of a downer for my sister though - her first visit from the uk. Advised her too come Jan/Feb next time!!!

Angie [/QUOTE]

You should have popped in for a cuppa coffee, we own the backpackers in town, on marine terrace.

next time anyone is passing through come and say hi, not may of us pomms up here.

Kala
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

You should have popped in for a cuppa coffee, we own the backpackers in town, on marine terrace.

We thought we might have another trip up that way, it looks lovely there. We have only been here about 10 months and still have loads of places to explore. I will let you know when we will be there, so you can put the kettle on!!!

Angie
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

next time anyone is passing through come and say hi, not may of us pomms up here.

Kala
I was thinking of dropping in on Saturday evening, leave The Bloke with the MIL.........what d'you reckon!
How many days till the UK, Kala my friend? And do you want a Firie Calendar this year??? PM me if you'd like one......!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:04 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I was thinking of dropping in on Saturday evening, leave The Bloke with the MIL.........what d'you reckon!
How many days till the UK, Kala my friend? And do you want a Firie Calendar this year??? PM me if you'd like one......!
Yeah cool,I'l get a bottle of jacks in and some of that yukky cascade??? you drink in

8 days till i'm off well 7 really as I leave next tuesday YAY YAY YAY, my mum still doesn;t know which is great and I have now booked Ant a ticket and he is gonna join me for a week, he has no idea I have arranged friends to look after the place and am gonna leave his ticket here when I go so he finds it after I ahve gone so he doensn;t tell me off

I am on official wind down now, spent the day being a total chick today, went to lunch with the girls and then went on a clothes shopping spree in my fave shop Tarjai (target)

Fireman calender, do I really need asking????? drop me ya bank details, either english or Aussie whichever is easier for you and the money will be transfered straight away.

Not long till your trip now, I'l let you know how the southdowns and the pubs are goin as soon as I get there.

Kala
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I've picked up a fever and was a bit delirious last night and mentioned to hubby that the noise outside sounded like we were in a huge dishwasher... there's no insulation in the roof so we hear everything. It's still very blustery outside but I wonder if half of it is more noticeable because of the poor design of the house, you wouldn't notice it in the UK.