IrishMurphys

Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default IrishMurphys

Irish Murphy's - pub, dining, live music

Any experiences? I only ask as I have been frequenting this public house probably three times over the past twelve months, straight from work Mon to Thurs usually; never an evening out. Usually around 6.30pm to 8.30 pm. Last night was my third time, and I just wanted to ask what are your thoughts on this pub because every time I have been in there, it always seems to feel a little intimidating. By that I mean usually one or two guys, usually Irish, absolutely steaming drunk making a nuisance of themselves around the bar area. Making other customers feel quite uncomfortable. Last night two guys just paralytic, and they were allowed to stay for over two hours making even the door man feel uncomfortable. I have been told this is the most "spit and sawdust" sort of pub in Brisbane. I know there are two other Irish bars which never seem to feel so uncomfortable. The drinks are no cheaper in Irish Murphys, I don't drink it but the Guinness is only $6.50 a pint in Irish Murphys, but these guys were not gulping Guinness. Not sure how much Guinness is in the other two Irish Brisbane pubs? So cannot blame it on cheap ale. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this drinking hole?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IrishMurphys

Originally Posted by blackcab
Irish Murphy's - pub, dining, live music

Any experiences? I only ask as I have been frequenting this public house probably three times over the past twelve months, straight from work Mon to Thurs usually; never an evening out. Usually around 6.30pm to 8.30 pm. Last night was my third time, and I just wanted to ask what are your thoughts on this pub because every time I have been in there, it always seems to feel a little intimidating. By that I mean usually one or two guys, usually Irish, absolutely steaming drunk making a nuisance of themselves around the bar area. Making other customers feel quite uncomfortable. Last night two guys just paralytic, and they were allowed to stay for over two hours making even the door man feel uncomfortable. I have been told this is the most "spit and sawdust" sort of pub in Brisbane. I know there are two other Irish bars which never seem to feel so uncomfortable. The drinks are no cheaper in Irish Murphys, I don't drink it but the Guinness is only $6.50 a pint in Irish Murphys, but these guys were not gulping Guinness. Not sure how much Guinness is in the other two Irish Brisbane pubs? So cannot blame it on cheap ale. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this drinking hole?
Personally, the only time I've been there was when I worked in the city, I used to go there after work sometimes cos the girls I was drinking with from the office were up for a good night out. I'd have a couple of beers then leave them to it.
It struck me as a pick up joint, and thats how they saw it, they were out to pick up......music was good at times, but its not a pub I would choose to drink in for a relaxing night. When they got stuck in, I made excuses and left I prefer O'Malleys, the Pig in the Mall, the Vic (on a week night) or even Gilhooleys (which is not as good/cheap as it was years ago) - all quieter and more relaxed.
I meet a lovely mate of mine in the Guilty Rogue nowadays, opposite Roma St Station, cheap drinks, bit sticky underfoot but ok to chat in and relax after work. She works in the city and its handy for the train home.

Irish Murphys has a place and a following, like any pub in any city, but its not where I choose to drink now. If you don't like it, go elsewhere
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I meet a lovely mate of mine in the Guilty Rogue nowadays, opposite Roma St Station, cheap drinks, bit sticky underfoot but ok to chat in and relax after work. She works in the city and its handy for the train home.

Irish Murphys has a place and a following, like any pub in any city, but its not where I choose to drink now. If you don't like it, go elsewhere
Thanks Polly, to be honest I like it in there, I just have a problem with people who intimidate others through their selfish actions, drunks mostly.

I will have to take a peek into the Guilty Rogue; I like the spit and sawdust sort of pubs you see. Real people not plastic zombies. Here in Ascot we have the Hamilton, which is terrible. The Brekky Creek is alright but not exactly kicking, great steak though. The Waterloo is alright, then you have the Valley, which is out of my age range. Miss the UK pubs really, quite badly.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 3:07 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OMG the Hammy!!! couple of girls from work drink there I went in once, left after about 10 minutes
The Rogue is certainly spit n sawdust, great Irish backpacker pub Brekky Creek, ok for a quick pint but it doesn't hit the spot for me as I'm not a steak eater
Valley is OK in the afternoons - I love RGs in Brunswick Street, not a real pub, but good to sit n watch the world go by I'm too old for the Valley at night though

Missing the pubs is one of the worst things
Old Jan 20th 2015, 5:00 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Irish Murphys lol last time I had a session in there was a mates son's 18th birthday. We had a few and the young lad was a bit tipsy so asked for a glass of water. Barman gave the doorman a nod & before he'd finished his water the doorman was throwing him out. There were far more intoxicated patrons, non drinking water though.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 5:05 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I ******g hated that pub,the scum in there gave us Irish a bad name
Old Jan 20th 2015, 5:42 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I ******g hated that pub,the scum in there gave us Irish a bad name
Its a real meat market on Fridays and Saturdays now, worse than it was a few years back. Just got no real pub atmosphere - we had a few good lunchtimes there when i worked in the city, sat up on the balcony, but as soon as the girlies came out to play in the evenings it went downhill
Old Jan 20th 2015, 6:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just clicked on the FB link and apparently "Pigs Arse" is back on tap. Why anyone would want to drink a pint of Chilli & Ginger beer is beyond me. Though in the interests of research we did have a pint each one night, it seemed like a good idea after a few Guinness.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
Well I just clicked on the FB link and apparently "Pigs Arse" is back on tap. Why anyone would want to drink a pint of Chilli & Ginger beer is beyond me. Though in the interests of research we did have a pint each one night, it seemed like a good idea after a few Guinness.
Bet it seemed less of a good idea in the cold light of the next day
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Pigs arse? Is that like the Irish equivalent of the good old Snake Bite?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Kim67
Pigs arse? Is that like the Irish equivalent of the good old Snake Bite?
No, it's a vile tasting brew made to make you ill
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's a vile tasting brew made to make you ill
Sounds delightful, must give it a try some time.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Sounds delightful, must give it a try some time.
The Valley tonight is really peaceful, and got a lovely breeze. Sat outside RGs listening to a guy trying to sing Billy Joel's Piano Man .......
Bernieboy, where are you, he ain't a patch on you
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Valley tonight is really peaceful, and got a lovely breeze. Sat outside RGs listening to a guy trying to sing Billy Joel's Piano Man .......
Bernieboy, where are you, he ain't a patch on you
I'll be sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine avoiding three teenage boys as soon as I feed them. Wish there was some live music to listen to out there!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

I'll be sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine avoiding three teenage boys as soon as I feed them. Wish there was some live music to listen to out there!
this guy isn't bad actually, but some songs only belong to one person, if you know what i mean! He can't do Billy Joel, his Neil Diamond is passable though not Bernie's standard. Simple minds covers are ok though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.