Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

moved by missing persons page

moved by missing persons page

Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Unhappy moved by missing persons page

Have just been reading the 'missing persons' page off the BBC News homepage. It's so upsetting seeing all these photos of people, whilst their loved ones desperately try to find out what happened to them, clinging onto a vain hope that they'll hear from them soon. So many lives, too sad for words.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:40 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: moved by missing persons page

I quite agree with you Logan. The poor people. Must be waiting and not knowing but assuming that is the worst. Gives them nothing to "deal with" or come to terms with and grieve.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
Have just been reading the 'missing persons' page off the BBC News homepage. It's so upsetting seeing all these photos of people, whilst their loved ones desperately try to find out what happened to them, clinging onto a vain hope that they'll hear from them soon. So many lives, too sad for words.

I know. I read them this morning. It seems to make it worse when you actually have a face to go with the name, if that makes sense.

I watched a programme on the Tsunami of 2 men looking for their brother. It was heart breaking. It's awful knowing that something may have happened to a loved one but not being quite sure. I hope they all get some good news soon.

Tracey
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi Logan

I agree with you. It must be desperate for those poor people. My heart goes out to them

I don't know how anybody could be so wicked that they would set out to deliberately do this to other people. They must have known this would be the result of their actions.

psalm 23 is traditionally read at funerals I think, but I find its words very comforting. I know not everybody is religious, or if they are not all Christian, I am just saying that these words bring me comfort. "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Katie
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:08 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Hi Logan

I agree with you. It must be desperate for those poor people. My heart goes out to them

I don't know how anybody could be so wicked that they would set out to deliberately do this to other people. They must have known this would be the result of their actions.

psalm 23 is traditionally read at funerals I think, but I find its words very comforting. I know not everybody is religious, or if they are not all Christian, I am just saying that these words bring me comfort. "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Katie
You just made me cry. Oh god getting worse. I think I'm having a bit of an emotional crisis this weekend.

Lovely thoughts Katie
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
You just made me cry. Oh god getting worse. I think I'm having a bit of an emotional crisis this weekend.

Lovely thoughts Katie
Hi I have sent you a pm.

Katie