Mini tornado

Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mini tornado

On xmas day around midday, a mini ?? tornado went through Mackay and uprooted trees and overturned a couple of moored boats. There has been a lot of rain and some localised flooding which is normal for this place (gives the local bogans a wash they'd not get other wise) but a tornado ffs. Areas around mackay, Eungella got 607mm, Clarke range got 730mm and Finch Hatton got a mere 460mm. I dont know what the town got and i dont give a flying f*** just as long it stayed away from my front door. We spent xmas day in darkness, eating a red rooster and playing scrabble, as enjoyable as it was.
The woman 2 doors up, went away for her xmas dinner and when she returned the next day, her lovely big silver saloon car had been inundated with water making it a write-off. She had only parked it outside at the kerb. My my, she should have known better.

Anyway, my point is that Mackay council couldn't run a raffle. They spend copious amounts of rate payers money (highest in Qld I believe) on shitty artwork dotted around the town to try and entice tourists when all along, the drainage system in the town is f**ked. I would suggest that none of the over-payed councillors live on a street where the drains dont work or they would be fixed pronto. So if anybody is planning on moving to Mackay,,,DONT. Its an overpriced, shit hole infested with local rednecks who care more about their tattoos than their cleanliness....Feel free to comment or ask questions about this small town trying hard and failing to kid itself on, that its a city.

Last edited by framac67; Dec 27th 2010 at 4:29 am.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:51 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mini tornado

so...you had a good christmas then

only kidding mate, hope you get your drainage sorted and I guess you won't be putting up for mayor this year then
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
On xmas day around midday, a mini ?? tornado went through Mackay and uprooted trees and overturned a couple of moored boats. There has been a lot of rain and some localised flooding which is normal for this place (gives the local bogans a wash they'd not get other wise) but a tornado ffs. Areas around mackay, Eungella got 607mm, Clarke range got 730mm and Finch Hatton got a mere 460mm. I dont know what the town got and i dont give a flying f*** just as long it stayed away from my front door. We spent xmas day in darkness, eating a red rooster and playing scrabble, as enjoyable as it was.
The woman 2 doors up, went away for her xmas dinner and when she returned the next day, her lovely big silver saloon car had been inundated with water making it a write-off. She had only parked it outside at the kerb. My my, she should have known better.

Anyway, my point is that Mackay council couldn't run a raffle. They spend copious amounts of rate payers money (highest in Qld I believe) on shitty artwork dotted around the town to try and entice tourists when all along, the drainage system in the town is f**ked. I would suggest that none of the over-payed councillors live on a street where the drains dont work or they would be fixed pronto. So if anybody is planning on moving to Mackay,,,DONT. Its an overpriced, shit hole infested with local rednecks who care more about their tattoos than their cleanliness....Feel free to comment or ask questions about this small town trying hard and failing to kid itself on, that its a city.
Time you moved out of there....... I had this horrible sinking feeling when we got the reports of a "weather event" going through there, I just kept thinking "please God not Framac again :blink"
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:10 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Time you moved out of there....... I had this horrible sinking feeling when we got the reports of a "weather event" going through there, I just kept thinking "please God not Framac again :blink"
maybe we should all club together and buy framac a house boat mate

Can we make one out of empty bottles/cans
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
so...you had a good christmas then

only kidding mate, hope you get your drainage sorted and I guess you won't be putting up for mayor this year then
Cheers Watty. Hopefully we should out of here sooner rather than later
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cheers Pol. It threatened but didnt do any damage. Ma mates visiting at end of march then anytime after that we should be leaving.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:13 am

Cheers Watty. Hopefully we should out of here sooner rather than later
aye, like Polly said - maybe time to move to a safer place hey mate
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Pol. It threatened but didnt do any damage. Ma mates visiting at end of march then anytime after that we should be leaving.
Could be a good decision I reckon
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't ****** come to CAIRNS........I'm worried it'll follow you up.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

This has been my 5th xmas here in Aus and my 1st xmas not in Mackay and i must say i am glad

Keep well Framac and take care
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:12 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Uck yer a big lassies bloose.

- so ye gonnae leave yer bogan mobile behind when ye make the big move then?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such thing as a 'mini' tornado. It is either a tornado or it isn't. Severe thunderstorms can produce damaging winds without rotation, therefore non-tornadic.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:15 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
There is no such thing as a 'mini' tornado. It is either a tornado or it isn't. Severe thunderstorms can produce damaging winds without rotation, therefore non-tornadic.
I was under the impression there was such things as wee tornado's and big tornado's, hence the meaning of a mini tornado.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:31 am

and when does a wee one become a big one? Is there a tornadometer
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
and when does a wee one become a big one? Is there a tornadometer
and if not, we might be onto summit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.