Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kalamunda Bush Fires

Kalamunda Bush Fires

Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kalamunda Bush Fires

Well it's been quite a day in Kalamunda.
1 house destroyed & 2 damaged. I was at work but my wife was at home & heard about the fires on the radio. She called FESA & they told her to evacuate. She loaded the dog up & took off. My son was in day care, so was safe, but my wife battled to get there as the police had closed a lot of roads. She took a long way round, picked him up & went to a friends house in Glenn Forest. Luckily, for us anyway, the fire was on the other side of town. They managed to return home late this afternoon. Apparently FESA & the bush firemen were superb. They used helicopters & water bombers to put the fire out. So all credit to them. For us it has been a useful exercise to see how prepared we are & I reckon we are 75% of the way there.
I see police have charged a 58yo man with arson. What a w*nker. I hope he gets locked up.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kalamunda Bush Fires

Originally Posted by Amazulu
1 house destroyed & 2 damaged. I was at work but my wife was at home & heard about the fires on the radio. She called FESA & they told her to evacuate. She loaded the dog up & took off. My son was in day care, so was safe, but my wife battled to get there as the police had closed a lot of roads. She took a long way round, picked him up & went to a friends house in Glenn Forest. Luckily, for us anyway, the fire was on the other side of town. They managed to return home late this afternoon. Apparently FESA & the bush firemen were superb. They used helicopters & water bombers to put the fire out. So all credit to them. For us it has been a useful exercise to see how prepared we are & I reckon we are 75% of the way there.
I see police have charged a 58yo man with arson. What a w*nker. I hope he gets locked up.
Oh ****. Thats a bit too close for comfort. Been watching the Tas and Vic ones, and saw this one, but had no idea any of the BE "family" were close. Thank god for the Firies - at least you have been able to test your bushfire plan.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:42 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

What a nightmare!

58 year old man, wtf is a 58 year old man doing starting fires?!?!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Angelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Clippies
What a nightmare!

This is oz,luvvie!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:44 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelap
This is oz,luvvie!
Oh right. So that's what you do when you're nearing retirement if you live in Oz then!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:24 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit too close for comfort...
Glad your family are safe and well
J x
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:41 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Glad your family are safe and well
J x

Us too, I think a glass of something to calm your nerves may be in order.

Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Kalamunda Bush Fires

Crikey, that was a close call and no mistake.

Glad to hear that things are OK for you. Those community firemen are bloody legends. One of my mates used to be a member, and his dedication to the job was simply beyond belief. They really do deserve so much more recognition than they receive.

Kalamunda is such a beautiful place. Heart-rending to think of it going up in flames.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
What a nightmare!

Sounds more like a prat who doesn't understand what "total fire ban" means rather than a malicious arsonist...

A 58-year-old man has been charged over a large fire in Perth's hills that caused about $800,000 damage, destroying one home and damaging two others.

Duty Insp John Gibson said the Kalamunda man will face a charge of wilfully lighting a fire, after garden refuse he allegedly lit in his backyard got out of control.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=16192
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by renth
Sounds more like a prat who doesn't understand what "total fire ban" means rather than a malicious arsonist...

A 58-year-old man has been charged over a large fire in Perth's hills that caused about $800,000 damage, destroying one home and damaging two others.

Duty Insp John Gibson said the Kalamunda man will face a charge of wilfully lighting a fire, after garden refuse he allegedly lit in his backyard got out of control.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=16192

What a t**t!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:14 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you guys are ok, thought of you when I heard it on the radio yesterday afternoon.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you and yours are OK.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Glad you and yours are OK.
Thanks for your's & everyone's concern. Seems the fire is still going but is contained. There are 3 firemen in hospital though. I hope they throw the book at the idiot who started this. I was talking to a woman at the cricket last night who's house was only a few hundred metres from the fire. She said it was terrifying. I still love living up there & the pros outweigh the cons, but you have to be prepared. Hopefully we will be if it ever happens again.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your's & everyone's concern. Seems the fire is still going but is contained. There are 3 firemen in hospital though. I hope they throw the book at the idiot who started this. I was talking to a woman at the cricket last night who's house was only a few hundred metres from the fire. She said it was terrifying. I still love living up there & the pros outweigh the cons, but you have to be prepared. Hopefully we will be if it ever happens again.
I agree about the idiot, even it it wasn't intentional you would think he would know better than to be having a bonfire on probably the hottest day of the year so far.

Off topic but wasn't the cricket good. I had an ace time. Although I had forgotten just how hard the seats were and will be taking a cushion to the test match.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 1:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree about the idiot, even it it wasn't intentional you would think he would know better than to be having a bonfire on probably the hottest day of the year so far.
He'll have to leave town.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.