Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Illawarra - Flood Warnings

Illawarra - Flood Warnings

Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:05 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illawarra - Flood Warnings

Wind whipped up out of nowhere about 6pm last night in Sydney, Pony, as I was waiting for a bus. Reminded me of being in Asia right before a storm.

I possibly won't sleep through take off later, as I often do.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:08 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Wind whipped up out of nowhere about 6pm last night in Sydney, Pony, as I was waiting for a bus. Reminded me of being in Asia right before a storm.

I possibly won't sleep through take off later, as I often do.
Are you going somewhere? Or do you live right next to the runway?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:40 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

No but I do see a lot of planes going over, living where I do. (Far enough away not to bother me.)

I'm in the UK now. Didn't get the leak fixed before we came, hardly dare ask if it's raining in Sydney.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:37 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

No but I do see a lot of planes going over, living where I do. (Far enough away not to bother me.)

I'm in the UK now. Didn't get the leak fixed before we came, hardly dare ask if it's raining in Sydney.
rained all day today on and off in the north gong. no idea what it's doing in Sydney. hope you have a good trip. I'll be back there 4 weeks today.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the Illawarra got a bit of a pasting last night, with thousands of homes without power and all roads up the escarpment closed... and we seem to be getting the same again tonight. It's howling outside.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well the Illawarra got a bit of a pasting last night, with thousands of homes without power and all roads up the escarpment closed... and we seem to be getting the same again tonight. It's howling outside.
Certainly doesn't sound good from the forecasts....best of luck, hope you survive in one piece Lots of warnings out for down that way
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 6th 2011, 3:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

RESIDENTS of 10,000 homes across greater Sydney were left to suffer through the brutal cold and wind last night as their properties remained without electricity during predicted severe weather and damaging winds.

Felled trees wreaked havoc - blocking roads and rail lines, damaging homes and trains and temporarily cutting water supply. Overnight snow was tipped for the Blue Mountains. The region's train service was also out of action along with a number of crucial roads.

Emergency alerts had been issued to 22 areas in the Windsor and Shoalhaven regions warning of possible electricity shortages, a State Emergency Service spokesman, Dave Webber, said.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Well I'm still here... and it's still wild out there. Glad I work from home as I wouldn't fancy a commute today.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:23 pm
beach bum

Gusting at 100kmph here this morning - luckily the escarpment blocks some of it for us. Stayed at the OH's last night so will have to nip home and check my house is still standing.

Oh and its bin day. That makes it great fun.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:34 pm
Auntie Fa

Rather wild in the city too. Have to question the wisdom/priorities of the company that currently has men hanging off the side of our building with paintpots in their hands. (As I type, one is painting my 5th floor balcony. At least he's got something under his feet.)

Friend and SES vollie has spent the last two nights in the Blue Mountains and says tonight is forecast to be the worst, before things improve tomorrow.

Stay safe.

(At least it's not raining. Leak still not fixed.)
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Rather wild in the city too. Have to question the wisdom/priorities of the company that currently has men hanging off the side of our building with paintpots in their hands. (As I type, one is painting my 5th floor balcony. At least he's got something under his feet.)

Friend and SES vollie has spent the last two nights in the Blue Mountains and says tonight is forecast to be the worst, before things improve tomorrow.

Stay safe.

(At least it's not raining. Leak still not fixed.)
Blue Mountains had its strongest wind gust in a decade the other night... 148km. That's some going.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Another fun few days ahead. This time the gales will be accompanied with some heavy rain.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/severe.shtml

"Damaging winds averaging over 65 km/h with peak gusts over 90 km/h are forecast for parts of the Metropolitan, Illawarra, Hunter and Mid North Coast forecast districts"
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:08 am
Auntie Fa

Ahead? I was in the CBD last night, dressed up for a night out and without a brolly, when the rain hit

Note: $7.49 brollies from Coles do the job in an emergency, but you get what you pay for - don't expect to use them more than once.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Ahead? I was in the CBD last night, dressed up for a night out and without a brolly, when the rain hit

Note: $7.49 brollies from Coles do the job in an emergency, but you get what you pay for - don't expect to use them more than once.
Well according to the my local radio station the 42ml of rain overnight and 60km gusts were just a taster.. so yeah, "ahead".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.