Ugg boots

Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:15 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Ugg boots

My sister in UK would like some Ugg boots, and she wants to know if it would be cheaper for me to buy them here and send them to her, than for her to purchase them in UK. I live in a small place with no decent shops, does anyone know anything about buying Uggs online, where's good? Cheers!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ugg boots

Do a quick search, there was a similar thread on here a couple of months ago with some suggested stores.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:21 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim67
Do a quick search, there was a similar thread on here a couple of months ago with some suggested stores.
I did do a search and all I found was a thread with like 150 posts and people saying they cost 200 quid in UK and that they're horrible, nothing else.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:30 am

Facebook faster! For future searchers:
http://www.ozbootz.com/index.php
http://uggstopuggbootsaustralia.com.au/special-offers
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

This was the thread I was thinking of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=emu
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:15 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

One of the questions with "Ugg" boots is do you want the genuine article?

I was told (perhaps incorrectly - but I'll pass it on anyway) that thanks to a failure of the original company to secure a worldwide trademark and copyright bits and pieces "the Ugg Boot company" is a wholy owner American company that produces footwear in the style of Australian sheepskin boots, but nto made in Australia and not from Merino sheep.... Therefore - if you get the 'genuine' article you get non-Australian boots of quality that I am told is not up to scratch.

"REAL" Australian ugg-boots are made by a couple of companies, with high quality offerings from "Emu" or a couple of other (I'm not across the details)...

Just be careful buying online that you know what you're getting!

Anyway - my wife got a pair recently from a shop in Brisbane CBD (despite looking online - she wanted to make sure of sizing). She ended up paying just under $180 for them (i.e. not significantly more than any online price) and has been going on and on and on about how she cant imagine why she never bought any before.... Claims they are the best footwear she's ever had.....
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PamE
I did do a search and all I found was a thread with like 150 posts and people saying they cost 200 quid in UK and that they're horrible, nothing else.
150 perfectly reasonable quotes then.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I must be cheap my non brand ugg boots cost $8.

Like wearing 2 marshmallows.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DadAgain
One of the questions with "Ugg" boots is do you want the genuine article?

I was told (perhaps incorrectly - but I'll pass it on anyway) that thanks to a failure of the original company to secure a worldwide trademark and copyright bits and pieces "the Ugg Boot company" is a wholy owner American company that produces footwear in the style of Australian sheepskin boots, but nto made in Australia and not from Merino sheep.... Therefore - if you get the 'genuine' article you get non-Australian boots of quality that I am told is not up to scratch.

"REAL" Australian ugg-boots are made by a couple of companies, with high quality offerings from "Emu" or a couple of other (I'm not across the details)...

Just be careful buying online that you know what you're getting!

Anyway - my wife got a pair recently from a shop in Brisbane CBD (despite looking online - she wanted to make sure of sizing). She ended up paying just under $180 for them (i.e. not significantly more than any online price) and has been going on and on and on about how she cant imagine why she never bought any before.... Claims they are the best footwear she's ever had.....
Ugg is a generic term for sheepskin boots. All sheepskin boots in Australia are referred to as Uggs. Some American company then trademarked the term and won the court case disallowing Australians to use their own generic term. Absolutely ridiculous and for that reason alone I would never buy "genuine" uggs.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:12 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
Ugg is a generic term for sheepskin boots. All sheepskin boots in Australia are referred to as Uggs. Some American company then trademarked the term and won the court case disallowing Australians to use their own generic term. Absolutely ridiculous and for that reason alone I would never buy "genuine" uggs.
I don't think they did win the case Kim. Australians can use the term Ugg all they want.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I don't think they did win the case Kim. Australians can use the term Ugg all they want.
Cool, they must have won on appeal because I know they were appeal.

Yep, you're right - just checked Wikipedia and apparently Australia and NZ are the only two countries allowed to call their boots Uggs because it's a generic term.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:21 am

Gosh who knew Uggs could cause such discussion! I'd love some but can't justify the expense and the $8 "marshmallows" don't appeal
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I bought some in Queen vic market Melbourne- decent ones- for 90 bucks. They have been worn in the snow (in UK)and are fab. I also realise I bought some "genuine" Uggs about 10 years ago from the same place before Decker bought them out. Paid about 50bucks, and they are going strong although paint splattered.

Would never knowingly pay 150quid for Decker Uggs- they are yet another sign of the UK fixation with brand name over quality.