itunes question...

Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:23 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default itunes question...

Ok, I finally replaced the ipod nano which I stupidly left along with a DS and 8 games, on the flight over, unfortunately it was not handed in, but hey ho, we live and learn. Luckily the insurance we took out covered it and thus my replacing it.

My iphone is an 8gb one, so therefore my current itunes reflects this capacity, however I decided to invest in a 16gb nano, so, I obviously want to fill it, firstly with what's on my current iphone itunes, and then some more. So my question is this, how will I manage this? I dont want to plug in my iphone only for it to become crammed with the tunes that I only really want on my nano....any suggestions pleasey!? Thanks in advance folks....
Old Jun 6th 2010, 12:01 am
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all
Default Re: itunes question...

Try going to the preferences for iTunes and go to devices and tick the box that says 'prevent iphones, ipods and ipads from syncing automatically. When you plug in the device you should be able to just drag selected songs onto your ipod or iphone. Also when you plug in the device you should be able to sync it manually.

Last edited by earlybird; Jun 6th 2010 at 12:03 am.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:00 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlybird
Try going to the preferences for iTunes and go to devices and tick the box that says 'prevent iphones, ipods and ipads from syncing automatically. When you plug in the device you should be able to just drag selected songs onto your ipod or iphone. Also when you plug in the device you should be able to sync it manually.
You seem to be a bit of an expert here!! Hope you don't mind but I have a iPod nano too and I have terrible trouble turning it off. I have to press the play/pause button at least 6 times for it to go off, am I doing something wrong?

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread!!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:08 am
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You seem to be a bit of an expert here!! Hope you don't mind but I have a iPod nano too and I have terrible trouble turning it off. I have to press the play/pause button at least 6 times for it to go off, am I doing something wrong?

Not sure about being an expert but did a google search on turning off the nano and this was a link that might help.

http://ipod.about.com/od/tes1/a/turn_off_nano.htm

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong judging by this article

Cheers
Paul
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Just sounds to me like uve a dodgy unit mate, sorry
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Create separate libraries for each
Just hold down the shift key whilst clicking on the i-tunes shortcut and keep it held down until a pop up appears asking which library you want to use
I have the kids, mine and the wife's all with their own libraries from the one PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:41 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just sounds to me like uve a dodgy unit mate, sorry
Boo Hoo, I have had it over a year too so no warranty.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:42 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by earlybird
Not sure about being an expert but did a google search on turning off the nano and this was a link that might help.

http://ipod.about.com/od/tes1/a/turn_off_nano.htm

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong judging by this article

Cheers
Paul
Thanks for that Paul, I never thought to read the instructions!! I wish they would give you an instruction book like in the good old days......
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:58 am
Living in the mountains

Thanks for that Paul, I never thought to read the instructions!! I wish they would give you an instruction book like in the good old days......
No prob.

I think the manual comes with the disc..that's if they still come with a disc. Otherwise it is available online.

I guess they stopped providing manuals because us men never read them anyway!!! LOL!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Boo Hoo, I have had it over a year too so no warranty.
Might just be a glitch, I take it uve googled it? Also, if u lock it and just leave it does it not turn off by itself?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Rossi
Create separate libraries for each
Just hold down the shift key whilst clicking on the i-tunes shortcut and keep it held down until a pop up appears asking which library you want to use
I have the kids, mine and the wife's all with their own libraries from the one PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589
Cool, I'll try that!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:35 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Or even easier create separate playlists set those to sync
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:39 am
Living in the mountains

This may be of some help too:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=410344

http://chimac.net/2010/05/18/one-met...ync-to-itunes/

Last edited by earlybird; Jun 6th 2010 at 3:42 am.