Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it

Called off the search for him with no trace, but they have found the body of the woman washed off the Burketown causeway last night

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...02/3105016.htm
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:17 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Rockhampton airport this afternoon......(pic from QPS)
Attached Thumbnails Floodwater - Please do not drive in it or play in it-rockhampton-2.1.11.jpg  
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Called off the search for him with no trace, but they have found the body of the woman washed off the Burketown causeway last night

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...02/3105016.htm
silly silly people
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BigH68
silly silly people
we had food in the shops today yay
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BigH68
we had food in the shops today yay

More pics of Emerald on Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=526330553
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:12 am
Home and Happy

How many more do we have to lose?

Police have again urged motorists not to cross flooded causeways after yet another drowning in central Queensland.
This morning the body of a man was recovered from a car at Aramac, inland from Rockhampton.
Police Chief Superintendent Alistair Dawson says another person in the car escaped.
"The vehicle has unfortunately been washed into floodwaters and one person has actually lost their life," he said.

"Again a great tragedy, and I'd like to reinforce with the community not to drive through flooded roads or cross-flooded roads.
"More importantly pay attention to road closed signs... they are there for a purpose and that purpose is the protection of life."
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

How many more do we have to lose?

Police have again urged motorists not to cross flooded causeways after yet another drowning in central Queensland.
This morning the body of a man was recovered from a car at Aramac, inland from Rockhampton.
Police Chief Superintendent Alistair Dawson says another person in the car escaped.
"The vehicle has unfortunately been washed into floodwaters and one person has actually lost their life," he said.

"Again a great tragedy, and I'd like to reinforce with the community not to drive through flooded roads or cross-flooded roads.
"More importantly pay attention to road closed signs... they are there for a purpose and that purpose is the protection of life."
These people r idiots!!!!!!!!!!!! wasting resources and putting other peoples lives at risk!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't bear thinking about. Those that have deliberately been idiots should get the bill for the rescue. Why do idiots think they know better than the experts in situations like this :curse:
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:04 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

And this is when it gets to the personal side - one of our own posters affected - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698456

Best of luck Welsh Viking, lets hope things improve and the rivers drop so they can cope with the next lot of rainfall........
Thanks love.

Lets see what's coming at the end of the week

Last edited by welshviking; Jan 4th 2011 at 7:04 am. Reason: sp
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Thanks love.

Have you got through to the husband yet? I had a moan earlier that it rained just as I was thinking of getting the washing in - it's still wet now and then I thought about the 'other half' of QLD and shut up. Hope your place stays dry.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:52 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Have you got through to the husband yet? I had a moan earlier that it rained just as I was thinking of getting the washing in - it's still wet now and then I thought about the 'other half' of QLD and shut up. Hope your place stays dry.

I'm sitting here going bloody bonkers tonight to be honest. Feeling shit and worrying about stuff I can't do anything about. No I'm still waiting for him to ring me, praying he's coming home this weekend.

This morning work asked me if I'd like to go permanent, great to be asked of course, but I had to say no as i'm sure it will be less money. I'm also considering going back contracting (as an aero mech, my old life) just to get the funds up a bit. Then I think maybe I should just go to the motel and work, and then I think something else......I don't know what to do first, have a drink, a fag or a xanax!

It's just money right?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Thanks love.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you draw a line E-W across the State at approx Rockhampton, everywhere south of that is likely to get moderate to heavy rain tomorrow (Wednes) and Thurs, then showers for the rest of the week. Some areas may get localised falls of 50-100mm.......
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:27 am
live free or die

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you draw a line E-W across the State at approx Rockhampton, everywhere south of that is likely to get moderate to heavy rain tomorrow (Wednes) and Thurs, then showers for the rest of the week. Some areas may get localised falls of 50-100mm.......
I already heard that love on the weather channel, closer to 200mm though I thought they said.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks love.

stay safe mate
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

I already heard that love on the weather channel, closer to 200mm though I thought they said.
Some places it could be........I'm hedging my bets and using the line we were given at work today, but I reckon personally that 200mm isn't too unlikely by the time you include showers etc overnight tonight, and then into the weekend.....good luck to you up there

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 4th 2011 at 10:52 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.