Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flood Levy

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Who voted this lot in?
Not me mate. I couldn't vote.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Not me mate. I couldn't vote.
Off the hook then.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Medicare levy is collected through your PAYG tax

Medicare Levy Surcharge is extra taxation payable at Year End reconciliation depending on your private health care arrangements

So saying you are paying it through Medicare Levy is the same as paying through the payroll - which means a system change and large cost to providers.

The arrangements are a complete cock up and one that I cannot see being repealed after 1 year it will become a standard tax for the government I believe.
And when you consider that most Qld Govt departments can stuff up the pay in a normal month, god only knows what they will manage to do with this.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think we can expect it to become the "Disaster Contingency Levy" and remain in place... permanently.
I think you're probably right.......
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know the timing of theses cuts? I'm getting solar panals installed in 3 weeks time and wondered if anyone knew when theses cuts would start.

It a small family run solar company that I'm using and they have sunk their savings into setting up their company. It looks like they, like many others, are being sold out by labour again.

Keel
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:17 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
So I'll have to pay an extra 300 bucks or so this year.

Thats fine, I can live with that.

Cough up you tight gits.
Don't you know? This is just a ploy for the Abbott lovers of this site to have their weekly whinge about how sh!t Labor is. I know, it gets very tiring
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flood Levy - Enjoy your tax rise

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They gave us free bus travel for a week, while there were only limited buses cos of the floods. When they started charging again they promptly put the fares up
Telstra in Brisbane today told me I can't buy a top-up voucher for the internet cos of the flood and no less than 25 chemists have informed me there are no antihistamines left in the city....because of the flooding. I suggested to the last one that maybe they should try a different supplier, she told me that means getting the tablets from OUTSIDE QUEENSLAND :curse: I told her I wouldn't care if they came from Antarctica as long as I could get something to stop me sneezing, but she didn't get the point Th same pharmacy wouldn't sell me Nurofen either but this tine it wasn't cos of the flood but because I don't drive! Two passports not sufficient ID, it had to be a driving licence cos the only box on the form said driving licence number.....WTF!
Oh and Coles has run out of tomatoes and milk again.......due to the flood, good thing I won;t have any spare cash, there's nothing to spend it on

However, the good news is that the Eagle Street Pig n Whistle re-opens tonight
At least you live in the city where the floods actually took place. I have had 3 retailers telling me the delay (non food items so i know it's just a lame excuse) that due to the flooding in Queensland, i live in Melbourne
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:29 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Don't you know? This is just a ploy for the Abbott lovers of this site to have their weekly whinge about how sh!t Labor is. I know, it gets very tiring
Actually as a Labor Voter I am only complaining on the basis of the application of the tax. I just hope they have done their due diligence and are prepared to understand the "real cost" of adding another layer to the taxation in this country.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Actually as a Labor Voter I am only complaining on the basis of the application of the tax. I just hope they have done their due diligence and are prepared to understand the "real cost" of adding another layer to the taxation in this country.
I was more referring to the usual suspects of DeanMKII and Amazulu
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I'm a well known pinko and non-Abbott fan etc.

But I'll say this, I always had reservations about the stimulus program and if it hadn't been decided to lob cash at anyone that moved & spruik the housing market, perhaps this levy wouldn't be necessary!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

No need to read the thread or respond then.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

When does Labor ever conduct due diligence?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

I was more referring to the usual suspects of DeanMKII and Amazulu
Get back in your hole...
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:59 am
I'm Old Gregg!

No need to read the thread or respond then.
You started off the thread all very rational with a fairly decent argument. I suspect this was a ploy so that you were not seen to be just starting the thread to have yet another whinge. But as soon as you got validation from two other posters your response was:

Gillard's a f*****g idiot!

It's exactly what we have come to expect of you Dean... very predictable!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Obviously I'm a well known pinko and non-Abbott fan etc.

But I'll say this, I always had reservations about the stimulus program and if it hadn't been decided to lob cash at anyone that moved & spruik the housing market, perhaps this levy wouldn't be necessary!
Of course, all they need to do is cancel the FTHOG and negative gearing on property & they'd be able to pay for the floods no dramas at all
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Oh of course. I realise that all insurances companies are a bunch of snakes.

I'm just surprised there isn't more of an outcry over their shadiness.

Next year our premiums will rise (again) due to floods, despite them probably not even paying out to most of the bloody insured

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.