Fires in Victoria

Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:23 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fires in Victoria

For those of us who live in this beautiful State ....it's going to be a bad weekend

Those that live in the bush, be careful
Those, like me, who live near the city, keep your windows closed, and if you're travelling...be careful.

And Badge ...be brave and VERY careful out there.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...081121451.html

Last edited by CasG; Dec 8th 2006 at 10:31 am.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fires in Victoria

Originally Posted by CasG
For those of us who live in this beautiful State ....it's going to be a bad weekend

Those, like me, who live near the city, keep your windows closed, and if you're travelling...be careful.

Sounds terrible Cas, will be thinking of all of you over there.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:43 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe chick
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
Stay safe chick
Safe here in Melbourne...but it has been very smokey.

Wanted to take my Mum up to the east Murray river area next week...but don't think so....see how it goes.

But that is an insignificant problem....
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:57 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Safe here in Melbourne...but it has been very smokey.

Wanted to take my Mum up to the east Murray river area next week...but don't think so....see how it goes.

But that is an insignificant problem....
I've just clicked on the link...

"with the potential to burn up to 600,000 hectares"

Jesus H Christ :scared:
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
I've just clicked on the link...

"with the potential to burn up to 600,000 hectares"

Jesus H Christ :scared:
The problem is the strong hot north wind ...straight from the Outback....no rain and and temps of 37 to 40C over the weekend...
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:02 am
Cheeky member

The problem is the strong hot north wind ...straight from the Outback....no rain and and temps of 37 to 40C over the weekend...
Dont forget to take plenty of fluids...

Favourably fermented grapes
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That wind is really hot isn't it. It's been 42 here today, and last time we had the wind from the north you got it over the the next day.

Tomorrow is going to be even worse.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:49 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all the hot air was coming from Canberra
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=CasG]For those of us who live in this beautiful State ....it's going to be a bad weekend

[QUOTE]

Why Badge, is he in the CFA? Our friend's been called in, he'll be leaving at 6am for 3 days - I think he's looking forward to it.

They're amazing people, all that effort for no money - they don't even get a rebate on rates, or a Christmas party paid for.

If anyone is new to bush areas and hasn't already sorted out their fire plan I'd suggest getting a non-electric emergency phone, keep your mobile charged up and/or battery operated radio and be ready to leave in a heartbeat. There are a lot of power outages when it's very hot and it's disconcerting and pretty dangerous to have no lines of communication.

Does Pollyanna have any brief advice on this like she did for the cyclone earlier this year?

Anyway, all the best to those in the firing line.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip

Why Badge, is he in the CFA? Our friend's been called in, he'll be leaving at 6am for 3 days - I think he's looking forward to it.

They're amazing people, all that effort for no money - they don't even get a rebate on rates, or a Christmas party paid for.

If anyone is new to bush areas and hasn't already sorted out their fire plan I'd suggest getting a non-electric emergency phone, keep your mobile charged up and/or battery operated radio and be ready to leave in a heartbeat. There are a lot of power outages when it's very hot and it's disconcerting and pretty dangerous to have no lines of communication.

Does Pollyanna have any brief advice on this like she did for the cyclone earlier this year?

Anyway, all the best to those in the firing line.
Badge and Renth, and there may be others, are all volunteer Firies - Badge being CFA.

Fire isn't as big a risk in Qld at this time of year (usually) as it is further south, because the humdity rises here in storm season
I think you'll find all of the Fire Services have websites - ours (for Bushfires) is here -
http://www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/Bushfire_Safety/

Others include Victoria - http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/residents/index.htm
and New South Wales - http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/residents/index.htm

And forgive me those of you who know this - the number to ring for emergency services here is 000, NOT 999
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you all stay safe, will be thinking of you
Mandy
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And forgive me those of you who know this - the number to ring for emergency services here is 000, NOT 999
Thanks for that. It's just the sort of information that I, for one, would have forgotten & the website's a good idea but I think I'll wait till morning to read it.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful news everyone stay safe.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:47 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe guys! My thoughts will be with you.

jackie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.